Oct 31, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
It didn’t take Dustin Penner long to get back into the swing of things.
Penner, who has missed Anaheim’s last five games with a concussion, needed less than two minutes to make an impact in his return, notching an assist on Devante Smith-Pelly‘s goal on Thursday night to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead over Boston.
Here’s the goal, Smith-Pelly’s first since the 2011-12 campaign:
Penner, 31, was hurt 11 days ago on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt in a 6-3 Anaheim victory — a hit that earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
Penner didn’t travel with Anaheim to start its season-long road trip, but caught up with the Ducks earlier this week.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)