Oct 31, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
It didn’t take Dustin Penner long to get back into the swing of things.
Penner, who has missed Anaheim’s last five games with a concussion, needed less than two minutes to make an impact in his return, notching an assist on Devante Smith-Pelly‘s goal on Thursday night to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead over Boston.
Here’s the goal, Smith-Pelly’s first since the 2011-12 campaign:
Penner, 31, was hurt 11 days ago on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt in a 6-3 Anaheim victory — a hit that earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
Penner didn’t travel with Anaheim to start its season-long road trip, but caught up with the Ducks earlier this week.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 8
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 17
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)