Oct 31, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
It didn’t take Dustin Penner long to get back into the swing of things.
Penner, who has missed Anaheim’s last five games with a concussion, needed less than two minutes to make an impact in his return, notching an assist on Devante Smith-Pelly‘s goal on Thursday night to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead over Boston.
Here’s the goal, Smith-Pelly’s first since the 2011-12 campaign:
Penner, 31, was hurt 11 days ago on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt in a 6-3 Anaheim victory — a hit that earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
Penner didn’t travel with Anaheim to start its season-long road trip, but caught up with the Ducks earlier this week.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 13
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 28
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42