Oct 31, 2013, 7:40 PM EDT
It didn’t take Dustin Penner long to get back into the swing of things.
Penner, who has missed Anaheim’s last five games with a concussion, needed less than two minutes to make an impact in his return, notching an assist on Devante Smith-Pelly‘s goal on Thursday night to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead over Boston.
Here’s the goal, Smith-Pelly’s first since the 2011-12 campaign:
Penner, 31, was hurt 11 days ago on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt in a 6-3 Anaheim victory — a hit that earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
Penner didn’t travel with Anaheim to start its season-long road trip, but caught up with the Ducks earlier this week.
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 10
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)