Oct 31, 2013, 7:40 PM EST
It didn’t take Dustin Penner long to get back into the swing of things.
Penner, who has missed Anaheim’s last five games with a concussion, needed less than two minutes to make an impact in his return, notching an assist on Devante Smith-Pelly‘s goal on Thursday night to give the Ducks a 1-0 lead over Boston.
Here’s the goal, Smith-Pelly’s first since the 2011-12 campaign:
Penner, 31, was hurt 11 days ago on a high hit from Dallas’ Ryan Garbutt in a 6-3 Anaheim victory — a hit that earned Garbutt a five-game suspension.
Penner didn’t travel with Anaheim to start its season-long road trip, but caught up with the Ducks earlier this week.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)