Oct 31, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
According to team writer Mike Vogel, Ovechkin will miss the Capitals’ game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night. He skated before today’s practice with defenseman John Erskine, who was placed on injured reserve yesterday, signaling he won’t be headed to Philly.
Ovechkin is listed as being day-to-day with his ailment and apparently injured it Wednesday night against Vancouver as NHL.com shares. He hasn’t missed a game due to injury since February 22, 2012.
As for who takes his spot on the top line, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shows us it’s Eric Fehr who gets the call.
No pressure there at all.
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 4
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 9
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 20
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 36
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 33
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 88
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)