Oct 31, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
According to team writer Mike Vogel, Ovechkin will miss the Capitals’ game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night. He skated before today’s practice with defenseman John Erskine, who was placed on injured reserve yesterday, signaling he won’t be headed to Philly.
Ovechkin is listed as being day-to-day with his ailment and apparently injured it Wednesday night against Vancouver as NHL.com shares. He hasn’t missed a game due to injury since February 22, 2012.
As for who takes his spot on the top line, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shows us it’s Eric Fehr who gets the call.
No pressure there at all.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20