Oct 31, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
According to team writer Mike Vogel, Ovechkin will miss the Capitals’ game against the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night. He skated before today’s practice with defenseman John Erskine, who was placed on injured reserve yesterday, signaling he won’t be headed to Philly.
Ovechkin is listed as being day-to-day with his ailment and apparently injured it Wednesday night against Vancouver as NHL.com shares. He hasn’t missed a game due to injury since February 22, 2012.
As for who takes his spot on the top line, CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley shows us it’s Eric Fehr who gets the call.
No pressure there at all.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 15
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 16
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 7
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8