Oct 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EST
Montreal will be on the road this weekend, but they’ll get some reinforcements along the way, according to TSN.
George Parros has been out with a concussion since the season opener, but the enforcer will rejoin the Canadiens lineup for Friday’s match against the Minnesota Wild. Parros was rushed to the hospital on Oct. 1 after he fell face first into the ice because of a freak accident during his second fight of the night with Toronto’s Colton Orr.
The Canadiens are also expected to get forward Max Pacioretty back on Friday or Saturday versus the Colorado Avalanche. Pacioretty hasn’t played since Oct. 15 due to a hamstring injury. Between 2011-12 and the shortened season, Pacioretty was by far the Canadiens’ most productive player with 48 goals and 56 assists in 123 games. He had three points in five contests in 2013-14 before he was sidelined.
In a related story, Montreal has tapped Carey Price to be the team’s starting goaltender on Friday. He has gotten off to a great start with a 2.02 GAA and .939 save percentage in 11 games.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)