Oct 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Montreal will be on the road this weekend, but they’ll get some reinforcements along the way, according to TSN.
George Parros has been out with a concussion since the season opener, but the enforcer will rejoin the Canadiens lineup for Friday’s match against the Minnesota Wild. Parros was rushed to the hospital on Oct. 1 after he fell face first into the ice because of a freak accident during his second fight of the night with Toronto’s Colton Orr.
The Canadiens are also expected to get forward Max Pacioretty back on Friday or Saturday versus the Colorado Avalanche. Pacioretty hasn’t played since Oct. 15 due to a hamstring injury. Between 2011-12 and the shortened season, Pacioretty was by far the Canadiens’ most productive player with 48 goals and 56 assists in 123 games. He had three points in five contests in 2013-14 before he was sidelined.
In a related story, Montreal has tapped Carey Price to be the team’s starting goaltender on Friday. He has gotten off to a great start with a 2.02 GAA and .939 save percentage in 11 games.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32