Oct 31, 2013, 9:00 PM EDT
Montreal will be on the road this weekend, but they’ll get some reinforcements along the way, according to TSN.
George Parros has been out with a concussion since the season opener, but the enforcer will rejoin the Canadiens lineup for Friday’s match against the Minnesota Wild. Parros was rushed to the hospital on Oct. 1 after he fell face first into the ice because of a freak accident during his second fight of the night with Toronto’s Colton Orr.
The Canadiens are also expected to get forward Max Pacioretty back on Friday or Saturday versus the Colorado Avalanche. Pacioretty hasn’t played since Oct. 15 due to a hamstring injury. Between 2011-12 and the shortened season, Pacioretty was by far the Canadiens’ most productive player with 48 goals and 56 assists in 123 games. He had three points in five contests in 2013-14 before he was sidelined.
In a related story, Montreal has tapped Carey Price to be the team’s starting goaltender on Friday. He has gotten off to a great start with a 2.02 GAA and .939 save percentage in 11 games.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 18
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 17
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 41
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 119
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7