Oct 31, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Tuesday morning was not the first time Semyon Varlamov assaulted his girlfriend, according to her lawyer. But this time, she decided to do something about it.
Referring to his client as E.V. (pictured), attorney Robert Abrams told CBS4 in Denver that a drunken Varlamov “threw her in to the wall, she went to floor and then he was stomping on her and that’s what caused the bruising and the damage.”
“This time E.V. said to us ‘That’s it, go lock him up,’” Abrams said. “This girl is 5-foot-3, 100-and-nothing pounds, he’s 6-foot-2, a 210 pound professional athlete. This is a very sizeable force approaching you and this is terrifying.”
Abrams also said the woman was hospitalized as a result of the assault.
Click here for video of the story from CBS4.
Tweets from Denver Post reporter Ryan Parker:
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 0
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 104
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (103)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)