Oct 31, 2013, 11:31 AM EDT
Tuesday morning was not the first time Semyon Varlamov assaulted his girlfriend, according to her lawyer. But this time, she decided to do something about it.
Referring to his client as E.V. (pictured), attorney Robert Abrams told CBS4 in Denver that a drunken Varlamov “threw her in to the wall, she went to floor and then he was stomping on her and that’s what caused the bruising and the damage.”
“This time E.V. said to us ‘That’s it, go lock him up,’” Abrams said. “This girl is 5-foot-3, 100-and-nothing pounds, he’s 6-foot-2, a 210 pound professional athlete. This is a very sizeable force approaching you and this is terrifying.”
Abrams also said the woman was hospitalized as a result of the assault.
Click here for video of the story from CBS4.
Tweets from Denver Post reporter Ryan Parker:
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)