Oct 30, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Tonight in Vancouver, a pair of teams with loaded top lines will meet when the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.
Given the match-up, it’s no surprise both sides were touting similar game plans this morning, per MLive.com.
Daniel Sedin: “If we can keep the puck in their end and try to spend some time down there it’s going to tire them out.”
Bertuzzi: “We got to make sure we kind of bottle them up and frustrate them a bit and spend more time in their zone.”
Winless in four and playing on the road against a confident Canucks club that’s won four straight, the Wings are the betting underdogs tonight. It should be noted, however, that Detroit beat Vancouver handily in both meetings last season, 8-3 on Feb. 24 and 5-2 on March 16.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22