Oct 30, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Tonight in Vancouver, a pair of teams with loaded top lines will meet when the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.
Given the match-up, it’s no surprise both sides were touting similar game plans this morning, per MLive.com.
Daniel Sedin: “If we can keep the puck in their end and try to spend some time down there it’s going to tire them out.”
Bertuzzi: “We got to make sure we kind of bottle them up and frustrate them a bit and spend more time in their zone.”
Winless in four and playing on the road against a confident Canucks club that’s won four straight, the Wings are the betting underdogs tonight. It should be noted, however, that Detroit beat Vancouver handily in both meetings last season, 8-3 on Feb. 24 and 5-2 on March 16.
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 20
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)