Oct 30, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Tonight in Vancouver, a pair of teams with loaded top lines will meet when the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.
Given the match-up, it’s no surprise both sides were touting similar game plans this morning, per MLive.com.
Daniel Sedin: “If we can keep the puck in their end and try to spend some time down there it’s going to tire them out.”
Bertuzzi: “We got to make sure we kind of bottle them up and frustrate them a bit and spend more time in their zone.”
Winless in four and playing on the road against a confident Canucks club that’s won four straight, the Wings are the betting underdogs tonight. It should be noted, however, that Detroit beat Vancouver handily in both meetings last season, 8-3 on Feb. 24 and 5-2 on March 16.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6