Oct 30, 2013, 4:44 PM EDT
Tonight in Vancouver, a pair of teams with loaded top lines will meet when the Canucks host the Detroit Red Wings.
Given the match-up, it’s no surprise both sides were touting similar game plans this morning, per MLive.com.
Daniel Sedin: “If we can keep the puck in their end and try to spend some time down there it’s going to tire them out.”
Bertuzzi: “We got to make sure we kind of bottle them up and frustrate them a bit and spend more time in their zone.”
Winless in four and playing on the road against a confident Canucks club that’s won four straight, the Wings are the betting underdogs tonight. It should be noted, however, that Detroit beat Vancouver handily in both meetings last season, 8-3 on Feb. 24 and 5-2 on March 16.
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 6
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 14
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10