Oct 30, 2013, 10:12 AM EST
Vancouver Canucks forward Zack Kassian is off to a rough start this season. After serving a suspension for a high-sticking incident in the preseason, he has just two goals in nine games this year including one on Monday night against the Washington Capitals.
Canucks coach John Tortorella was asked for his assessment of Kassian’s play and was his usual blunt self as Jim Jamieson of The Province shares.
“Zack Kassian? Good at times. Crappy at times. But he’s coming. He’s coming. He still has to work on his consistency, having the puck, protecting the puck. So he wasn’t too bad,” Tortorella said.
There’s no real beating around the bush on that one.
Kassian has been playing an average of over 12 minutes per game this season so that means he’s got to make the most of his opportunities when he’s out there. Turning the puck over won’t help him endear himself to his new coach, but more goals and hits would do the trick.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 0
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 57
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 40
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 30
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 17
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 76
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (76)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)