Oct 30, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Selanne, 43, took the high stick during his first shift of the third period, and didn’t return to the game:
The Ducks said Selanne required 40 stitches to fix his mouth and lost “several” teeth in the process. He’s been sent home from the club’s season-long road trip and back to Anaheim, where he’ll undergo oral surgery.
This means Selanne, who is in the final year of his illustrious career, will miss farewell tour stops in Boston, Buffalo and at Madison Square Garden. Following the game at MSG, the Ducks return home for a three-game set before heading back out onto the road on Nov. 12, at which time Selanne could rejoin the club for games in Florida, Tampa Bay and Carolina.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63