Oct 30, 2013, 12:46 PM EDT
Selanne, 43, took the high stick during his first shift of the third period, and didn’t return to the game:
The Ducks said Selanne required 40 stitches to fix his mouth and lost “several” teeth in the process. He’s been sent home from the club’s season-long road trip and back to Anaheim, where he’ll undergo oral surgery.
This means Selanne, who is in the final year of his illustrious career, will miss farewell tour stops in Boston, Buffalo and at Madison Square Garden. Following the game at MSG, the Ducks return home for a three-game set before heading back out onto the road on Nov. 12, at which time Selanne could rejoin the club for games in Florida, Tampa Bay and Carolina.
- Report: Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 0
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 20
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 29
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24