Oct 30, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been arrested on accusations of domestic violence.
The Denver Post and the Denver Police Department report Varlamov, 25, already turned himself in to authorities this evening and is currently in Denver County jail on allegations of second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault.
The Denver Police Department also announced a press conference will happen later tonight. PHT will provide more details as they become available.
Update at 11:47 p.m. ET: The Denver Police Department tweeted Varlamov’s mug shot late on Wednesday:
Update: the Avalanche released a statement regarding the matter (via the Denver Post):
“The Colorado Avalanche organization is aware of the allegations concerning Semyon Varlamov. At this time, and until the conclusion of this investigation, the Avalanche organization will have no further comment on this situation.”
Colorado’s next game is on Friday in Dallas against the Stars.
Update 9:36 p.m. ET
According to the Post, Varlamov allegedly committed these crimes on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
Update 10:04 p.m. ET
Courtesy Mile High Sports, here’s some information from Denver Police Department spokesperson Steve Warneke:
“This evening, about 6 p.m., Semyon Varlamov, 4-27-of-88, turned himself in to the Denver Police Department in response to an arrest warrant that was issued for his arrest concerning a domestic violence incident which occurred on the 29th of October.
“The arrest warrant was issued for second degree kidnapping, which is a class four felony, and third degree assault, which is a class one misdemeanor.”
According to the Warneke, the incident occurred in the 1700 block of Bassett St. There are no details regarding the condition of the victim nor the victim’s relationship with Varlamov.
Update: 10:18 p.m. ET
One bit of information is that Varlamov is unable to bail out because he must see a judge before leaving, Parker reports. He refused an interview with the Denver Post reporter and is alone in a cell because of his fame.
Update: 11 p.m. ET
Parker notes that a class 4 felony charge (related to kidnapping) can carry a sentence of two-to-six years.
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
Jul 29, 2015, 3:31 PM EDT
The contest will air on Dec. 31 while the Classic itself is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET on Jan. 1.
Jul 29, 2015, 2:28 PM EDT
Staying healthy would help, too.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:22 PM EDT
The Seal Beach Detention Center isn’t exactly Shawshank.
Jul 29, 2015, 1:03 PM EDT
“I relaxed down there and came back with the same attitude and everything kind of took care of itself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 12:34 PM EDT
Veteran forward had just four goals and six assists in 74 games last season.
Jul 29, 2015, 11:58 AM EDT
“So hopefully it’s nothing that keeps coming back.”
Jul 29, 2015, 11:09 AM EDT
Can he give the Oilers the goaltending they so badly need?
Jul 29, 2015, 10:21 AM EDT
The 26-year-old goalie is coming off a tough season.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
Spent last season with Lugano in the Swiss League.
Jul 29, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Y’know, everyday stuff.
Jul 28, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Jul 28, 2015, 9:38 PM EDT
Potentially a move to Switzerland, or the Czech League.
Jul 28, 2015, 8:39 PM EDT
Returning him to Rochester for a third time.
Jul 28, 2015, 7:39 PM EDT
Washington d-man is expected to miss the next two weeks of offseason training.
Jul 28, 2015, 6:26 PM EDT
Swiss winger came over from Calgary at last year’s deadline.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:39 PM EDT
Nice payday after posting a career-high in goals this season.
Jul 28, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
“When you look at the structure of our salaries and our cap, it’s important to get those bottom-six cap hits in better shape.”
Jul 28, 2015, 3:21 PM EDT
With the Nurnberg Ice Tigers.
Jul 28, 2015, 2:30 PM EDT
Winning bid to be decided by the end of the year.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 21
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)