Oct 30, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been arrested on accusations of domestic violence.
The Denver Post and the Denver Police Department report Varlamov, 25, already turned himself in to authorities this evening and is currently in Denver County jail on allegations of second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault.
The Denver Police Department also announced a press conference will happen later tonight. PHT will provide more details as they become available.
Update at 11:47 p.m. ET: The Denver Police Department tweeted Varlamov’s mug shot late on Wednesday:
Update: the Avalanche released a statement regarding the matter (via the Denver Post):
“The Colorado Avalanche organization is aware of the allegations concerning Semyon Varlamov. At this time, and until the conclusion of this investigation, the Avalanche organization will have no further comment on this situation.”
Colorado’s next game is on Friday in Dallas against the Stars.
Update 9:36 p.m. ET
According to the Post, Varlamov allegedly committed these crimes on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
Update 10:04 p.m. ET
Courtesy Mile High Sports, here’s some information from Denver Police Department spokesperson Steve Warneke:
“This evening, about 6 p.m., Semyon Varlamov, 4-27-of-88, turned himself in to the Denver Police Department in response to an arrest warrant that was issued for his arrest concerning a domestic violence incident which occurred on the 29th of October.
“The arrest warrant was issued for second degree kidnapping, which is a class four felony, and third degree assault, which is a class one misdemeanor.”
According to the Warneke, the incident occurred in the 1700 block of Bassett St. There are no details regarding the condition of the victim nor the victim’s relationship with Varlamov.
Update: 10:18 p.m. ET
One bit of information is that Varlamov is unable to bail out because he must see a judge before leaving, Parker reports. He refused an interview with the Denver Post reporter and is alone in a cell because of his fame.
Update: 11 p.m. ET
Parker notes that a class 4 felony charge (related to kidnapping) can carry a sentence of two-to-six years.
Jul 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
They locked him up to a four-year deal on Tuesday.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
He spent last season playing in Switzerland.
Jul 22, 2014, 9:01 PM EDT
The Cuban-American could help market the sport.
Jul 22, 2014, 7:38 PM EDT
Turning over a new leaf?
Jul 22, 2014, 6:13 PM EDT
That’s $1 million less than his reported asking price.
Jul 22, 2014, 5:15 PM EDT
It’s believed to be worth $2.55 million overall.
Jul 22, 2014, 3:52 PM EDT
Another buy-low bargain like Mason Raymond?
Jul 22, 2014, 2:30 PM EDT
Jul 22, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT
Also went to bat for Jumbo Joe.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:27 PM EDT
Coming off an impressive rookie season.
Jul 22, 2014, 12:15 PM EDT
How ’bout that headline for some alliteration.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:57 AM EDT
His name is Kyle Dubas.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:40 AM EDT
Click for the full schedule of games on NBC and NBCSN.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:19 AM EDT
Had 14 goals and 15 assists, with 209 PIM, in 2013-14.
Jul 22, 2014, 10:01 AM EDT
Excited to join “the toughest team” the Leafs played last season,
Jul 22, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
They didn’t make any big splashes this summer.
Jul 22, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
That and all the links to start your day.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
More depth for a Stanley Cup hopeful.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Trade rumors around the Jets star never stop swirling.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)