Oct 30, 2013, 11:44 PM EDT
Colorado Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov has been arrested on accusations of domestic violence.
The Denver Post and the Denver Police Department report Varlamov, 25, already turned himself in to authorities this evening and is currently in Denver County jail on allegations of second-degree kidnapping and third-degree assault.
The Denver Police Department also announced a press conference will happen later tonight. PHT will provide more details as they become available.
Update at 11:47 p.m. ET: The Denver Police Department tweeted Varlamov’s mug shot late on Wednesday:
Update: the Avalanche released a statement regarding the matter (via the Denver Post):
“The Colorado Avalanche organization is aware of the allegations concerning Semyon Varlamov. At this time, and until the conclusion of this investigation, the Avalanche organization will have no further comment on this situation.”
Colorado’s next game is on Friday in Dallas against the Stars.
Update 9:36 p.m. ET
According to the Post, Varlamov allegedly committed these crimes on Tuesday, Oct. 29.
Update 10:04 p.m. ET
Courtesy Mile High Sports, here’s some information from Denver Police Department spokesperson Steve Warneke:
“This evening, about 6 p.m., Semyon Varlamov, 4-27-of-88, turned himself in to the Denver Police Department in response to an arrest warrant that was issued for his arrest concerning a domestic violence incident which occurred on the 29th of October.
“The arrest warrant was issued for second degree kidnapping, which is a class four felony, and third degree assault, which is a class one misdemeanor.”
According to the Warneke, the incident occurred in the 1700 block of Bassett St. There are no details regarding the condition of the victim nor the victim’s relationship with Varlamov.
Update: 10:18 p.m. ET
One bit of information is that Varlamov is unable to bail out because he must see a judge before leaving, Parker reports. He refused an interview with the Denver Post reporter and is alone in a cell because of his fame.
Update: 11 p.m. ET
Parker notes that a class 4 felony charge (related to kidnapping) can carry a sentence of two-to-six years.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pittsburgh scores three unanswered goals to win.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:14 PM EDT
The West’s No. 1 seed takes on the final wild card qualifier.
Apr 16, 2014, 9:22 PM EDT
Did the Penguins deserve a power play or penalty shot?
Apr 16, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Get used to these stories of toughness.
Apr 16, 2014, 8:11 PM EDT
Updated with bonus goals for your enjoyment.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Tomas Plekanec spoils Tampa Bay’s lead.
Apr 16, 2014, 7:24 PM EDT
In case there was any doubt.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:46 PM EDT
Unproven goalie vs. a gold-medal goalie in Game 1.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:30 PM EDT
A battle between a scrappy underdog and a perplexing favorite.
Apr 16, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
A little less grit against the Anaheim Ducks.
Apr 16, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
Not Brandon Pirri.
Apr 16, 2014, 4:14 PM EDT
“He gives us the best chance to win, so he’ll be the one starting.”
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)