Oct 30, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Halloween is just a day away, and with the NHL schedule generally lighter on Wednesdays than Thursdays, it shouldn’t be surprising that hockey players are rolling out many of their costumes tonight. And they are … elaborate.
This isn’t a comprehensive collection by any means. Instead, it’s just a few highlights from recent days. PHT might throw a few more up on the actual tooth-rotting holiday, depending upon the treats that surface tomorrow.
First, let’s start with arguably the highlight of them all, as Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka revealed his eerie resemblance Chris Hemsworth/Thor:
(CSNChicago.com points out that the Penguin in that photo is Brad Mills. Sidney Crosby = not impressed.)
There’s a Saku Koivu joke in there somewhere, perhaps.
Feel free to share other ones you come across in the comments. Again, there might be more if NHL players throw some more good stuff on Twitter and other platforms.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)