Oct 30, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Halloween is just a day away, and with the NHL schedule generally lighter on Wednesdays than Thursdays, it shouldn’t be surprising that hockey players are rolling out many of their costumes tonight. And they are … elaborate.
This isn’t a comprehensive collection by any means. Instead, it’s just a few highlights from recent days. PHT might throw a few more up on the actual tooth-rotting holiday, depending upon the treats that surface tomorrow.
First, let’s start with arguably the highlight of them all, as Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka revealed his eerie resemblance Chris Hemsworth/Thor:
(CSNChicago.com points out that the Penguin in that photo is Brad Mills. Sidney Crosby = not impressed.)
There’s a Saku Koivu joke in there somewhere, perhaps.
Feel free to share other ones you come across in the comments. Again, there might be more if NHL players throw some more good stuff on Twitter and other platforms.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 0
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 4
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 19
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 33
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 4
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)