Oct 30, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Halloween is just a day away, and with the NHL schedule generally lighter on Wednesdays than Thursdays, it shouldn’t be surprising that hockey players are rolling out many of their costumes tonight. And they are … elaborate.
This isn’t a comprehensive collection by any means. Instead, it’s just a few highlights from recent days. PHT might throw a few more up on the actual tooth-rotting holiday, depending upon the treats that surface tomorrow.
First, let’s start with arguably the highlight of them all, as Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka revealed his eerie resemblance Chris Hemsworth/Thor:
(CSNChicago.com points out that the Penguin in that photo is Brad Mills. Sidney Crosby = not impressed.)
There’s a Saku Koivu joke in there somewhere, perhaps.
Feel free to share other ones you come across in the comments. Again, there might be more if NHL players throw some more good stuff on Twitter and other platforms.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 6
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)