Oct 30, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Halloween is just a day away, and with the NHL schedule generally lighter on Wednesdays than Thursdays, it shouldn’t be surprising that hockey players are rolling out many of their costumes tonight. And they are … elaborate.
This isn’t a comprehensive collection by any means. Instead, it’s just a few highlights from recent days. PHT might throw a few more up on the actual tooth-rotting holiday, depending upon the treats that surface tomorrow.
First, let’s start with arguably the highlight of them all, as Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka revealed his eerie resemblance Chris Hemsworth/Thor:
(CSNChicago.com points out that the Penguin in that photo is Brad Mills. Sidney Crosby = not impressed.)
There’s a Saku Koivu joke in there somewhere, perhaps.
Feel free to share other ones you come across in the comments. Again, there might be more if NHL players throw some more good stuff on Twitter and other platforms.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 21
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)