Oct 30, 2013, 7:45 PM EDT
Halloween is just a day away, and with the NHL schedule generally lighter on Wednesdays than Thursdays, it shouldn’t be surprising that hockey players are rolling out many of their costumes tonight. And they are … elaborate.
This isn’t a comprehensive collection by any means. Instead, it’s just a few highlights from recent days. PHT might throw a few more up on the actual tooth-rotting holiday, depending upon the treats that surface tomorrow.
First, let’s start with arguably the highlight of them all, as Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Michael Kostka revealed his eerie resemblance Chris Hemsworth/Thor:
(CSNChicago.com points out that the Penguin in that photo is Brad Mills. Sidney Crosby = not impressed.)
There’s a Saku Koivu joke in there somewhere, perhaps.
Feel free to share other ones you come across in the comments. Again, there might be more if NHL players throw some more good stuff on Twitter and other platforms.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 65
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (65)
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process (50)
- Editorial rips Flames’ request for ‘ludicrous amount of taxpayer support’ to build arena (45)
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? (32)
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT (31)