Oct 30, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
After losing for the ninth time in 14 games last night, the Oilers decided to shake things up.
On Tuesday, the club announced it had put veteran defensemen Denis Grebeshkov and Corey Potter on waivers. Grebeshkov, 30, had appeared in three games for the Oilers this season, his first back in Edmonton after spending the last three years in the KHL.
Potter, 29, hadn’t played this season as he’d been on injured reserve with a strained back. He did appear in 33 games last season, scoring four points while averaging over 17 minutes per night.
What’s curious is that Grebeshkov actually played in Tuesday night’s 4-0 loss to Toronto, logging 11:35 TOI while finishing a minus-1 with one blocked shot. Hardly a terrible performance, though he did play the least of the seven defensemen Edmonton dressed.
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 1
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 11
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33