Oct 30, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
After losing for the ninth time in 14 games last night, the Oilers decided to shake things up.
On Tuesday, the club announced it had put veteran defensemen Denis Grebeshkov and Corey Potter on waivers. Grebeshkov, 30, had appeared in three games for the Oilers this season, his first back in Edmonton after spending the last three years in the KHL.
Potter, 29, hadn’t played this season as he’d been on injured reserve with a strained back. He did appear in 33 games last season, scoring four points while averaging over 17 minutes per night.
What’s curious is that Grebeshkov actually played in Tuesday night’s 4-0 loss to Toronto, logging 11:35 TOI while finishing a minus-1 with one blocked shot. Hardly a terrible performance, though he did play the least of the seven defensemen Edmonton dressed.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 4
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)