Oct 30, 2013, 12:11 PM EST
After losing for the ninth time in 14 games last night, the Oilers decided to shake things up.
On Tuesday, the club announced it had put veteran defensemen Denis Grebeshkov and Corey Potter on waivers. Grebeshkov, 30, had appeared in three games for the Oilers this season, his first back in Edmonton after spending the last three years in the KHL.
Potter, 29, hadn’t played this season as he’d been on injured reserve with a strained back. He did appear in 33 games last season, scoring four points while averaging over 17 minutes per night.
What’s curious is that Grebeshkov actually played in Tuesday night’s 4-0 loss to Toronto, logging 11:35 TOI while finishing a minus-1 with one blocked shot. Hardly a terrible performance, though he did play the least of the seven defensemen Edmonton dressed.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)