Oct 30, 2013, 12:11 PM EDT
After losing for the ninth time in 14 games last night, the Oilers decided to shake things up.
On Tuesday, the club announced it had put veteran defensemen Denis Grebeshkov and Corey Potter on waivers. Grebeshkov, 30, had appeared in three games for the Oilers this season, his first back in Edmonton after spending the last three years in the KHL.
Potter, 29, hadn’t played this season as he’d been on injured reserve with a strained back. He did appear in 33 games last season, scoring four points while averaging over 17 minutes per night.
What’s curious is that Grebeshkov actually played in Tuesday night’s 4-0 loss to Toronto, logging 11:35 TOI while finishing a minus-1 with one blocked shot. Hardly a terrible performance, though he did play the least of the seven defensemen Edmonton dressed.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)