Oct 30, 2013, 11:47 AM EDT
The Minnesota Wild have placed veteran forward Stephane Veilleux on waivers for the purpose of sending him back to AHL Iowa.
Veilleux, 31, has appeared in 10 games for Minnesota this season, scoring no points while recording a minus-4 rating in 7:10 TOI per night.
He played with Minnesota from 2002-09 before embarking on a journey to Tampa Bay, the SM-liiga, the Swiss league and the New Jersey Devils organization before being re-acquired in the Marek Zidlicky trade of 2012.
He appeared in 21 games that season, then spent the entire 2013 campaign with AHL Houston before getting called up for Minnesota’s first-round playoff series against Chicago — and appearing in two games.
The Wild organization is obviously fond of Vellieux as a veteran presence, having brought him back on a couple of occasions and throwing him into the playoffs last year despite spending the entire season in the American League. That said, his chances to stick in the NHL might be coming to a close as Charlie Coyle appears ready to return from injury and Mike Rupp isn’t far behind.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)