Oct 30, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers got out to a 2-0 lead, and then fell apart against the Anaheim Ducks.
The result was a 3-2 regulation loss to the visiting Ducks, and the Flyers now remain at the bottom of the Metropolitan Division with a 3-8-0 record.
The first period was good for Philadelphia. Not only did the Flyers pot a couple of goals to take the lead, they also outshot the Ducks and looked to be in control.
Then it all went wrong. The Ducks scored three unanswered goals, including a pair from Kyle Palmieri in the third.
“We stood around and we were watching. That’s all I can really say. We stood and around and started watching them instead of playing ourselves.”
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5