Oct 30, 2013, 12:46 AM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers got out to a 2-0 lead, and then fell apart against the Anaheim Ducks.
The result was a 3-2 regulation loss to the visiting Ducks, and the Flyers now remain at the bottom of the Metropolitan Division with a 3-8-0 record.
The first period was good for Philadelphia. Not only did the Flyers pot a couple of goals to take the lead, they also outshot the Ducks and looked to be in control.
Then it all went wrong. The Ducks scored three unanswered goals, including a pair from Kyle Palmieri in the third.
“We stood around and we were watching. That’s all I can really say. We stood and around and started watching them instead of playing ourselves.”
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33