Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 PM EST
Winning a regular season game in October doesn’t erase the bitter taste of being swept in the playoffs, but it’s better than losing again. The Pittsburgh Penguins edged the Boston Bruins 3-2 on NBC SN Wednesday, so let’s discuss the contest and more.
- Pittsburgh carried the shot advantage, but the Bruins generated a frantic finish, with Marc-Andre Fleruy being up to the task. “The Flower” isn’t just winning (ninth victory of the season), he’s also putting up pretty nice numbers. Is it time for stats people to take it easier on MAF? Could he even fight for a Vezina with other big-name goalies struggling? Or will the other guy in net (Tuukka Rask) have a better chance?
- Many raved about the Penguins defense tonight. Can they carry that over into the postseason, when that part of their game has often floundered?
- Should Team Canada bring Chris Kunitz along because of his chemistry with Sidney Crosby or go for the guys who are more talented/prominent?
- Jarome Iginla scored his third goal and now has nine points in 11 games this season. How do you feel he fits in with the B’s?
- Do you consider these teams the odds-on favorites in the East? If not, who would fit that bill?
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 21
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 20
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 45
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9