Oct 30, 2013, 10:45 PM EDT
Winning a regular season game in October doesn’t erase the bitter taste of being swept in the playoffs, but it’s better than losing again. The Pittsburgh Penguins edged the Boston Bruins 3-2 on NBC SN Wednesday, so let’s discuss the contest and more.
- Pittsburgh carried the shot advantage, but the Bruins generated a frantic finish, with Marc-Andre Fleruy being up to the task. “The Flower” isn’t just winning (ninth victory of the season), he’s also putting up pretty nice numbers. Is it time for stats people to take it easier on MAF? Could he even fight for a Vezina with other big-name goalies struggling? Or will the other guy in net (Tuukka Rask) have a better chance?
- Many raved about the Penguins defense tonight. Can they carry that over into the postseason, when that part of their game has often floundered?
- Should Team Canada bring Chris Kunitz along because of his chemistry with Sidney Crosby or go for the guys who are more talented/prominent?
- Jarome Iginla scored his third goal and now has nine points in 11 games this season. How do you feel he fits in with the B’s?
- Do you consider these teams the odds-on favorites in the East? If not, who would fit that bill?
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)