Oct 30, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
The Red Wings are loading up for the Winter Classic.
On Wednesday, the club announced it had added a pretty significant piece for the 2013 Alumni Showdown vs. Toronto — Sergei Fedorov, the 43-year-old former Hart Trophy Winner who recently announced he was coming out of retirement to suit up for KHL club CSKA Moscow.
“December 31 will be a walk down memory lane for players and fans,” Red Wings GM Ken Holland said in a statement. “We will have most of the great Red Wings and Maple Leafs of the last 40 years on the same ice for the first time in history.
“There was so much interest in playing that we had to schedule two alumni games. This will be a very special day remembering and honoring the history of two great franchises.”
Fedorov joins a long list of Red Wings greats scheduled to take part on the game, which will be played at Comerica Park.
Here are the latest rosters for both Detroit and Toronto, as per the Wings website:
Detroit Red Wings
Red Berenson, Doug Brown, Jimmy Carson, Dino Ciccarelli, Mathieu Dandenault, Alex Delvecchio*, Dallas Drake, Kris Draper, Brent Fedyk, Tomas Holmstrom, Gordie Howe*, Petr Klima, Joe Kocur, Slava Kozlov, Martin Lapointe, Igor Larionov, Ted Lindsay*, Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty, Kevin Miller, John Ogrodnick, Dennis Polonich, Mickey Redmond, Brendan Shanahan, Garry Unger, Paul Ysebaert
Chris Chelios, Steve Duchesne, Slava Fetisov, Jiri Fischer, Mark Howe, Vladimir Konstantinov*, Nicklas Lidstrom, Larry Murphy, Brian Rafalski, Mathieu Schneider, Aaron Ward, Jason Woolley
Ken Holland, Manny Legace, Eddie Mio, Chris Osgood, Mike Vernon
Scotty Bowman, Jacques Demers, Barry Smith
Toronto Maple Leafs
Wendel Clark, Russ Courtnall, Tie Domi, Gary Leeman, Kevin Maguire, Frank Mahovlich, Lanny McDonald, Gary Roberts, Darryl Sittler, Mats Sundin, Darcy Tucker, Rick Vaive, Mike Walton
Dave Ellett, Al Iafrate, Bryan McCabe, Bob McGill
Johnny Bower*, Mike Palmateer
Red Kelly, Pat Quinn
*Attending but not participating in alumni games
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 0
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 1
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 53
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)