Oct 30, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
Jenner, 20, was hurt in a 5-2 win over Toronto on Oct. 25 and will sit this weekend as the Jackets take on Pittsburgh in a back-to-back home/away series on Friday and Saturday.
The rugged power forward, who opened the season on the club’s top line alongside Marian Gaborik, has struggled with consistency this season, scoring just two goals in nine games (what’s more, the two goals came in the same contest, a 5-3 loss to Montreal.)
That said, Jenner has made his impact felt elsewhere. He sits fourth among all Columbus forwards in hits, with 22.
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 4
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12