Oct 29, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
In today’s edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I — two card-carrying, denim-wearing Canadians through and through — take a look at some terrifying developments in the rest of the world’s quest to steal our Olympic gold.
Specifically, we’re looking at Team USA.
This past week, a pair of American skaters — Ryan Kesler and Phil Kessel — were named NHL stars of the week. Kesler’s week was perhaps most impressive, rebounding from an injury-riddled 2013 campaign to look like the player that scored 41 goals and won the Selke in 2010-11 (or, as Jason so eloquently puts it, “the year Kesler won a bunch of awards n’ stuff.”)
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKesyer to two-year, $4.375M extension 1
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 11
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12