Oct 29, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
In today’s edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I — two card-carrying, denim-wearing Canadians through and through — take a look at some terrifying developments in the rest of the world’s quest to steal our Olympic gold.
Specifically, we’re looking at Team USA.
This past week, a pair of American skaters — Ryan Kesler and Phil Kessel — were named NHL stars of the week. Kesler’s week was perhaps most impressive, rebounding from an injury-riddled 2013 campaign to look like the player that scored 41 goals and won the Selke in 2010-11 (or, as Jason so eloquently puts it, “the year Kesler won a bunch of awards n’ stuff.”)
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22