Oct 29, 2013, 5:52 PM EDT
In today’s edition of PHT Extra, Jason and I — two card-carrying, denim-wearing Canadians through and through — take a look at some terrifying developments in the rest of the world’s quest to steal our Olympic gold.
Specifically, we’re looking at Team USA.
This past week, a pair of American skaters — Ryan Kesler and Phil Kessel — were named NHL stars of the week. Kesler’s week was perhaps most impressive, rebounding from an injury-riddled 2013 campaign to look like the player that scored 41 goals and won the Selke in 2010-11 (or, as Jason so eloquently puts it, “the year Kesler won a bunch of awards n’ stuff.”)
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8