Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EST
Phil Kessel is on a tear for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
He has two goals tonight, as the Leafs had jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the struggling Edmonton Oilers, and seven goals in his last four games. The video below is of his second of the evening.
Using quick hands, Kessel collected the puck below the goal line, switched backhand to forehand and went top shelf on Oilers goalie Richard Bachman.
Kessel then set up rookie defenseman Morgan Rielly for his first career NHL goal.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 8
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 35
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 18
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 35
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32