Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Phil Kessel is on a tear for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
He has two goals tonight, as the Leafs had jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the struggling Edmonton Oilers, and seven goals in his last four games. The video below is of his second of the evening.
Using quick hands, Kessel collected the puck below the goal line, switched backhand to forehand and went top shelf on Oilers goalie Richard Bachman.
Kessel then set up rookie defenseman Morgan Rielly for his first career NHL goal.
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 12
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)