Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Phil Kessel is on a tear for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
He has two goals tonight, as the Leafs had jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the struggling Edmonton Oilers, and seven goals in his last four games. The video below is of his second of the evening.
Using quick hands, Kessel collected the puck below the goal line, switched backhand to forehand and went top shelf on Oilers goalie Richard Bachman.
Kessel then set up rookie defenseman Morgan Rielly for his first career NHL goal.
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 0
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 14
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 56
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)