Oct 29, 2013, 11:09 PM EDT
Phil Kessel is on a tear for the Toronto Maple Leafs.
He has two goals tonight, as the Leafs had jumped out to a 3-0 lead over the struggling Edmonton Oilers, and seven goals in his last four games. The video below is of his second of the evening.
Using quick hands, Kessel collected the puck below the goal line, switched backhand to forehand and went top shelf on Oilers goalie Richard Bachman.
Kessel then set up rookie defenseman Morgan Rielly for his first career NHL goal.
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 1
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 3
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 45
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 17
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 49
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)