Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr just keeps on scoring goals, even at the age of 41.
Jagr scored his third goal of the season on Tuesday, as the New Jersey Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning by a final score of 2-1 on the NHL on NBCSN. All three goals came in the second period.
For Jagr, his goal was historic. According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr broke Phil Esposito’s all-time game-winning goal mark. Jagr’s goal gives him 119 game winners over the course of his career.
UPDATE: Jagr passed Esposito for second all-time in career game-winning goals, but still trails Gordie Howe’s 121 for first all-time.
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 23
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 24
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)