Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr just keeps on scoring goals, even at the age of 41.
Jagr scored his third goal of the season on Tuesday, as the New Jersey Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning by a final score of 2-1 on the NHL on NBCSN. All three goals came in the second period.
For Jagr, his goal was historic. According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr broke Phil Esposito’s all-time game-winning goal mark. Jagr’s goal gives him 119 game winners over the course of his career.
UPDATE: Jagr passed Esposito for second all-time in career game-winning goals, but still trails Gordie Howe’s 121 for first all-time.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 3
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 34
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54