Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr just keeps on scoring goals, even at the age of 41.
Jagr scored his third goal of the season on Tuesday, as the New Jersey Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning by a final score of 2-1 on the NHL on NBCSN. All three goals came in the second period.
For Jagr, his goal was historic. According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr broke Phil Esposito’s all-time game-winning goal mark. Jagr’s goal gives him 119 game winners over the course of his career.
UPDATE: Jagr passed Esposito for second all-time in career game-winning goals, but still trails Gordie Howe’s 121 for first all-time.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5