Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr just keeps on scoring goals, even at the age of 41.
Jagr scored his third goal of the season on Tuesday, as the New Jersey Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning by a final score of 2-1 on the NHL on NBCSN. All three goals came in the second period.
For Jagr, his goal was historic. According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr broke Phil Esposito’s all-time game-winning goal mark. Jagr’s goal gives him 119 game winners over the course of his career.
UPDATE: Jagr passed Esposito for second all-time in career game-winning goals, but still trails Gordie Howe’s 121 for first all-time.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)