Oct 29, 2013, 10:17 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr just keeps on scoring goals, even at the age of 41.
Jagr scored his third goal of the season on Tuesday, as the New Jersey Devils defeated the Tampa Bay Lightning by a final score of 2-1 on the NHL on NBCSN. All three goals came in the second period.
For Jagr, his goal was historic. According to Rich Chere of the New Jersey Star-Ledger, Jagr broke Phil Esposito’s all-time game-winning goal mark. Jagr’s goal gives him 119 game winners over the course of his career.
UPDATE: Jagr passed Esposito for second all-time in career game-winning goals, but still trails Gordie Howe’s 121 for first all-time.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)