Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EST
The Anaheim Ducks played the majority of the third period with veteran forward Teemu Selanne.
According to the L.A. Times, Selanne suffered what was described as a “large mouth cut” when he took a stick to the face in the third period of Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As per the Ducks official Twitter account, Selanne lost several teeth and has a swollen jaw as a result of the high stick.
The Ducks, despite losing Selanne, overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat the Flyers 3-2. Anaheim has now improved its record 10-3-0.
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 4
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 4
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 2
- Devils fire DeBoer 20
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 4
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 18
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)