Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks played the majority of the third period with veteran forward Teemu Selanne.
According to the L.A. Times, Selanne suffered what was described as a “large mouth cut” when he took a stick to the face in the third period of Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As per the Ducks official Twitter account, Selanne lost several teeth and has a swollen jaw as a result of the high stick.
The Ducks, despite losing Selanne, overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat the Flyers 3-2. Anaheim has now improved its record 10-3-0.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40