Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks played the majority of the third period with veteran forward Teemu Selanne.
According to the L.A. Times, Selanne suffered what was described as a “large mouth cut” when he took a stick to the face in the third period of Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As per the Ducks official Twitter account, Selanne lost several teeth and has a swollen jaw as a result of the high stick.
The Ducks, despite losing Selanne, overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat the Flyers 3-2. Anaheim has now improved its record 10-3-0.
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 9
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 1
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 10
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 18
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 21
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 36
- Report: Johansen, Blue Jackets talking contract 7
- NHL waiting on World Cup announcement, Olympics decision 9
- Leiweke calls out ‘just terrible’ character of certain players in Leafs organization 30
- Crosby: Pens must ‘find a way to get over that hump’ 13
- Will future tweaks be enough to salvage NHL 15? (50)
- This Darcy Kuemper-Minnesota Wild situation doesn’t sound good (40)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker (39)
- The KHL’s really trying to mow Minnesota’s lawn (38)