Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks played the majority of the third period with veteran forward Teemu Selanne.
According to the L.A. Times, Selanne suffered what was described as a “large mouth cut” when he took a stick to the face in the third period of Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As per the Ducks official Twitter account, Selanne lost several teeth and has a swollen jaw as a result of the high stick.
The Ducks, despite losing Selanne, overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat the Flyers 3-2. Anaheim has now improved its record 10-3-0.
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 1
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 100
- Howard won’t demand trade out of Detroit 19
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (101)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)