Oct 29, 2013, 10:39 PM EDT
The Anaheim Ducks played the majority of the third period with veteran forward Teemu Selanne.
According to the L.A. Times, Selanne suffered what was described as a “large mouth cut” when he took a stick to the face in the third period of Tuesday’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers.
As per the Ducks official Twitter account, Selanne lost several teeth and has a swollen jaw as a result of the high stick.
The Ducks, despite losing Selanne, overcame a two-goal deficit to defeat the Flyers 3-2. Anaheim has now improved its record 10-3-0.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)