Oct 29, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
On Thursday, the Nashville Predators will begin a 17-day, seven-game road swing, their longest of the season.
Thankfully, they’ll be getting a major piece back in the lineup.
Defenseman Roman Josi, out with a concussion since early October, will rejoin the club to start the trip in Phoenix, according to The Tennessean. The 23-year-old Swiss rearguard has missed all but two games this year with the ailment and is anxious to get back into the swing of things.
“Everything is good,” Josi explained. “You start pretty slow with a low heart rate, and it just progresses every day.
“I’ve skated hard the last couple of days, so I’m feeling good.”
Head coach Barry Trotz says he’s going to “ease” Josi back into the lineup, which might be difficult given the heavy workload Josi had prior to getting hurt. He averaged over 23 minutes per game last year playing alongside Shea Weber and, while he won’t line up with Weber to start, it’s expected he’ll get into a prominent role soon enough as the upcoming road trip promises to be a tough one for the Preds.
Things begin on Thursday in Phoenix, followed by a Saturday date against the 2012 Stanley Cup champs in Los Angeles. From there it’s off to Colorado, Winnipeg, New Jersey and Long Island before finishing up with a date in Pittsburgh on Nov. 15.
Oct 22, 2014, 1:40 AM EDT
Wonder if the Devils fan behind him was a face-painter?
Oct 22, 2014, 1:11 AM EDT
Had the lead going into the third period.
Oct 22, 2014, 12:35 AM EDT
Do a little dance. Make some big saves. Shut out tonight.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:56 PM EDT
Toronto took this one over in the second period.
Oct 21, 2014, 11:28 PM EDT
Is a call from the league next?
Oct 21, 2014, 10:54 PM EDT
David Desharnais with his first of the season.
Oct 21, 2014, 10:17 PM EDT
No call on that play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:50 PM EDT
It’s gone from bad to worse for Vancouver.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Happened on an innocent enough play.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:29 PM EDT
Outplayed Philly big time in first period.
Oct 21, 2014, 9:07 PM EDT
Bet that felt good.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:27 PM EDT
Thought to be in against Chicago, but no.
Oct 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
NHL Insider analyzes what the future has in store for the L.A. defenseman.
Oct 21, 2014, 7:07 PM EDT
Check it out via the NBC Live Extra stream.
Oct 21, 2014, 6:42 PM EDT
“Nathan is a frustrated kid right now. He’s in constant pain.”
Oct 21, 2014, 6:18 PM EDT
After watching the first five games of the season from the press box.
Oct 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
‘Canes the only winless team in the league.
Oct 21, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
For example, a really tough upcoming schedule. (But also goaltending and that defense.)
Oct 21, 2014, 3:43 PM EDT
“It’s adversity for us but we’re going to come through it,” says Jarrett Stoll.
Oct 21, 2014, 3:40 PM EDT
News and notes from around the blue paint…
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)