Oct 29, 2013, 7:31 PM EST
On Thursday, the Nashville Predators will begin a 17-day, seven-game road swing, their longest of the season.
Thankfully, they’ll be getting a major piece back in the lineup.
Defenseman Roman Josi, out with a concussion since early October, will rejoin the club to start the trip in Phoenix, according to The Tennessean. The 23-year-old Swiss rearguard has missed all but two games this year with the ailment and is anxious to get back into the swing of things.
“Everything is good,” Josi explained. “You start pretty slow with a low heart rate, and it just progresses every day.
“I’ve skated hard the last couple of days, so I’m feeling good.”
Head coach Barry Trotz says he’s going to “ease” Josi back into the lineup, which might be difficult given the heavy workload Josi had prior to getting hurt. He averaged over 23 minutes per game last year playing alongside Shea Weber and, while he won’t line up with Weber to start, it’s expected he’ll get into a prominent role soon enough as the upcoming road trip promises to be a tough one for the Preds.
Things begin on Thursday in Phoenix, followed by a Saturday date against the 2012 Stanley Cup champs in Los Angeles. From there it’s off to Colorado, Winnipeg, New Jersey and Long Island before finishing up with a date in Pittsburgh on Nov. 15.
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 11
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)