Oct 29, 2013, 7:31 PM EDT
On Thursday, the Nashville Predators will begin a 17-day, seven-game road swing, their longest of the season.
Thankfully, they’ll be getting a major piece back in the lineup.
Defenseman Roman Josi, out with a concussion since early October, will rejoin the club to start the trip in Phoenix, according to The Tennessean. The 23-year-old Swiss rearguard has missed all but two games this year with the ailment and is anxious to get back into the swing of things.
“Everything is good,” Josi explained. “You start pretty slow with a low heart rate, and it just progresses every day.
“I’ve skated hard the last couple of days, so I’m feeling good.”
Head coach Barry Trotz says he’s going to “ease” Josi back into the lineup, which might be difficult given the heavy workload Josi had prior to getting hurt. He averaged over 23 minutes per game last year playing alongside Shea Weber and, while he won’t line up with Weber to start, it’s expected he’ll get into a prominent role soon enough as the upcoming road trip promises to be a tough one for the Preds.
Things begin on Thursday in Phoenix, followed by a Saturday date against the 2012 Stanley Cup champs in Los Angeles. From there it’s off to Colorado, Winnipeg, New Jersey and Long Island before finishing up with a date in Pittsburgh on Nov. 15.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)