Oct 29, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins suffered another injury blow on Tuesday, as the club announced forward Chuck Kobasew would be lost to 3-4 weeks with a lower-body ailment.
Kobasew, 31, signed a one-year deal with Pittsburgh after attending camp on a PTO and has played well, scoring two goals in 12 games while averaging 12:32 TOI per night.
With the injury — suffered on a first-period hit by Carolina’s Tim Gleason on Monday — Kobasew joins a list of wounded Penguins that includes defenseman Rob Scuderi (broken ankle), forward Beau Bennett (lower body), forward James Neal (upper body) and goalie Tomas Vokoun (blood clot in hip).
The Kobasew, Bennett and Neal injuries could pave the way for Jayson Megna to make a more permanent impact with the big club. Megna, an undrafted free agent out of Nebraska Omaha, registered his first NHL goal, assist and points in the 3-1 win over Carolina, in just under 11 minutes of action.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 4
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)