Oct 29, 2013, 2:21 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins suffered another injury blow on Tuesday, as the club announced forward Chuck Kobasew would be lost to 3-4 weeks with a lower-body ailment.
Kobasew, 31, signed a one-year deal with Pittsburgh after attending camp on a PTO and has played well, scoring two goals in 12 games while averaging 12:32 TOI per night.
With the injury — suffered on a first-period hit by Carolina’s Tim Gleason on Monday — Kobasew joins a list of wounded Penguins that includes defenseman Rob Scuderi (broken ankle), forward Beau Bennett (lower body), forward James Neal (upper body) and goalie Tomas Vokoun (blood clot in hip).
The Kobasew, Bennett and Neal injuries could pave the way for Jayson Megna to make a more permanent impact with the big club. Megna, an undrafted free agent out of Nebraska Omaha, registered his first NHL goal, assist and points in the 3-1 win over Carolina, in just under 11 minutes of action.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 6
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 30
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)