Oct 29, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins suffered another injury blow on Tuesday, as the club announced forward Chuck Kobasew would be lost to 3-4 weeks with a lower-body ailment.
Kobasew, 31, signed a one-year deal with Pittsburgh after attending camp on a PTO and has played well, scoring two goals in 12 games while averaging 12:32 TOI per night.
With the injury — suffered on a first-period hit by Carolina’s Tim Gleason on Monday — Kobasew joins a list of wounded Penguins that includes defenseman Rob Scuderi (broken ankle), forward Beau Bennett (lower body), forward James Neal (upper body) and goalie Tomas Vokoun (blood clot in hip).
The Kobasew, Bennett and Neal injuries could pave the way for Jayson Megna to make a more permanent impact with the big club. Megna, an undrafted free agent out of Nebraska Omaha, registered his first NHL goal, assist and points in the 3-1 win over Carolina, in just under 11 minutes of action.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 23
- Mike Richards clears waivers 29
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 13
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 53
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)