Oct 29, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Khabibulin’s last start was a tough one for the 40-year-old backup, as he surrendered six goals on just 25 shots in a 6-5 overtime loss Thursday versus the Lightning.
Per the Sun-Times, that performance drew the following remarks from ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville: “We’re definitely not pleased, knowing that we’re expecting more than that. Let’s move forward in a positive way, but knowing that’s not good enough.”
In two starts, Khabibulin’s save percentage is just .818.
Q on Khabby: "We’re comfortable that he’s going to be a big part of it and help us out as we go along here … play well in front of him."—
Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) October 29, 2013
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 10
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 15
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 3
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 11
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 18
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 61
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 25