Oct 29, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Khabibulin’s last start was a tough one for the 40-year-old backup, as he surrendered six goals on just 25 shots in a 6-5 overtime loss Thursday versus the Lightning.
Per the Sun-Times, that performance drew the following remarks from ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville: “We’re definitely not pleased, knowing that we’re expecting more than that. Let’s move forward in a positive way, but knowing that’s not good enough.”
In two starts, Khabibulin’s save percentage is just .818.
Q on Khabby: "We’re comfortable that he’s going to be a big part of it and help us out as we go along here … play well in front of him."—
Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger) October 29, 2013
- In praise of John Tavares 5
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 18
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 13
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 54
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31