Oct 29, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Khabibulin’s last start was a tough one for the 40-year-old backup, as he surrendered six goals on just 25 shots in a 6-5 overtime loss Thursday versus the Lightning.
Per the Sun-Times, that performance drew the following remarks from ‘Hawks coach Joel Quenneville: “We’re definitely not pleased, knowing that we’re expecting more than that. Let’s move forward in a positive way, but knowing that’s not good enough.”
In two starts, Khabibulin’s save percentage is just .818.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5