Oct 29, 2013, 3:27 PM EST
Winners of two straight after a disastrous 1-7-0 start that saw their head coach fired, the Philadelphia Flyers were using all the good clichés ahead of tonight’s visit from the Ducks.
“We’ve got to go game by game,” captain Claude Giroux said, per CSN Philly. “And when we do that, we’re going to get closer to the playoffs. There’s a lot of games left. We don’t need to panic or anything, we’re playing good hockey. Every game’s going to be a big game. Every team can win games. For us to climb back up and stay up, it’s going to be important for us to keep winning games.”
Philadelphia had its best outing of the season Saturday in a 5-2 win over the Islanders — a victory that was highlighted by a hat trick from veteran Vincent Lecavalier.
“This was a really good game for me and for the team,” said Lecavalier, calling the win “a good confidence boost for everybody. It feels really good to score more than two goals.”
Giroux assisted on a pair of Lecavalier’s goals; however, the 25-year-old is still searching for the first goal of his own, something that seems less likely to come unless he starts getting more shots.
In Giroux’s last five games, he’s registered a mere eight shots combined. In 10 games total, he only has 22 shots, an average of 2.2. Last season, he averaged 2.9. The season before, it was 3.1.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 5
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)