Oct 29, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
Gudas, 23, was tossed from Sunday’s 4-3 win over Florida after slashing at the Panthers’ bench with his stick. The incident was sparked by Florida forward Scottie Upshall, who squirted Gatorade at Gudas as he skated by.
“It’s something that works in our favor, so it’s good to see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper explained. “In the heat of the game, calls get made. Coaches disagree with calls all the time, so it’s in the nature. I respect the call (referee Tim Peel) made.
“I understand, partially, why he made it, but I think the league got it right.”
Here’s the incident in question:
Rescinding the misconduct is important because a player that accumulates three in a season is automatically suspended for one game. Gudas also saves himself a cool $200 in the process (that’s the fine amount for a game misconduct), but he wasn’t especially keen to discuss it.
“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about,” he said. “Last time I checked we were playing the Devils not the Panthers, so I’m focused on the game coming up.”
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 0
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 12
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 19
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 29
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 15
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)