Oct 29, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
Gudas, 23, was tossed from Sunday’s 4-3 win over Florida after slashing at the Panthers’ bench with his stick. The incident was sparked by Florida forward Scottie Upshall, who squirted Gatorade at Gudas as he skated by.
“It’s something that works in our favor, so it’s good to see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper explained. “In the heat of the game, calls get made. Coaches disagree with calls all the time, so it’s in the nature. I respect the call (referee Tim Peel) made.
“I understand, partially, why he made it, but I think the league got it right.”
Here’s the incident in question:
Rescinding the misconduct is important because a player that accumulates three in a season is automatically suspended for one game. Gudas also saves himself a cool $200 in the process (that’s the fine amount for a game misconduct), but he wasn’t especially keen to discuss it.
“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about,” he said. “Last time I checked we were playing the Devils not the Panthers, so I’m focused on the game coming up.”
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- The King is back: Lundqvist starts for Rangers Saturday 3
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 16
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 58
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)