Oct 29, 2013, 2:32 PM EDT
Gudas, 23, was tossed from Sunday’s 4-3 win over Florida after slashing at the Panthers’ bench with his stick. The incident was sparked by Florida forward Scottie Upshall, who squirted Gatorade at Gudas as he skated by.
“It’s something that works in our favor, so it’s good to see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper explained. “In the heat of the game, calls get made. Coaches disagree with calls all the time, so it’s in the nature. I respect the call (referee Tim Peel) made.
“I understand, partially, why he made it, but I think the league got it right.”
Here’s the incident in question:
Rescinding the misconduct is important because a player that accumulates three in a season is automatically suspended for one game. Gudas also saves himself a cool $200 in the process (that’s the fine amount for a game misconduct), but he wasn’t especially keen to discuss it.
“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about,” he said. “Last time I checked we were playing the Devils not the Panthers, so I’m focused on the game coming up.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38