Oct 29, 2013, 2:32 PM EST
Gudas, 23, was tossed from Sunday’s 4-3 win over Florida after slashing at the Panthers’ bench with his stick. The incident was sparked by Florida forward Scottie Upshall, who squirted Gatorade at Gudas as he skated by.
“It’s something that works in our favor, so it’s good to see,” Lightning head coach Jon Cooper explained. “In the heat of the game, calls get made. Coaches disagree with calls all the time, so it’s in the nature. I respect the call (referee Tim Peel) made.
“I understand, partially, why he made it, but I think the league got it right.”
Here’s the incident in question:
Rescinding the misconduct is important because a player that accumulates three in a season is automatically suspended for one game. Gudas also saves himself a cool $200 in the process (that’s the fine amount for a game misconduct), but he wasn’t especially keen to discuss it.
“I don’t think there’s anything to talk about,” he said. “Last time I checked we were playing the Devils not the Panthers, so I’m focused on the game coming up.”
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)