Oct 28, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
The NHLPA can take it easy – on this specific instance, at least – as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta decided not to appeal his 10-game suspension to an independent arbitrator, according to various reporters.
The league decided to give him that 10-game punishment back on Oct. 15:
The 27-year-old will be eligible to return during a Nov. 2 home game against the Anaheim Ducks. He’ll indeed lose more than $150K from this verdict, after all.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63