Oct 28, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
The NHLPA can take it easy – on this specific instance, at least – as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta decided not to appeal his 10-game suspension to an independent arbitrator, according to various reporters.
The league decided to give him that 10-game punishment back on Oct. 15:
The 27-year-old will be eligible to return during a Nov. 2 home game against the Anaheim Ducks. He’ll indeed lose more than $150K from this verdict, after all.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 10
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18