Oct 28, 2013, 8:22 PM EDT
The NHLPA can take it easy – on this specific instance, at least – as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta decided not to appeal his 10-game suspension to an independent arbitrator, according to various reporters.
The league decided to give him that 10-game punishment back on Oct. 15:
The 27-year-old will be eligible to return during a Nov. 2 home game against the Anaheim Ducks. He’ll indeed lose more than $150K from this verdict, after all.
- In praise of John Tavares 0
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 7
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31