Oct 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Los Angeles Kings assistant GM Rob Blake is predicting that whatever suspension Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott gets, disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will face criticism for it not being enough. “I don’t see it being the big one (suspension) people are waiting for,” Blake said. He used to work with Shanahan. (Edmonton Journal)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
Chris Stewart might be available for the St. Louis Blues’ match on Tuesday, but they aren’t likely to have Magnus Paajarvi. Both forwards suffered upper-body injuries Saturday. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Former defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom misses playing in the NHL, but he still thinks it was his time to retire. It’s allowed him to help coach his son’s team in Sweden and he enjoys all the extra time he now has with his family. (Detroit Free Press)
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4