Oct 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Los Angeles Kings assistant GM Rob Blake is predicting that whatever suspension Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott gets, disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will face criticism for it not being enough. “I don’t see it being the big one (suspension) people are waiting for,” Blake said. He used to work with Shanahan. (Edmonton Journal)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
Chris Stewart might be available for the St. Louis Blues’ match on Tuesday, but they aren’t likely to have Magnus Paajarvi. Both forwards suffered upper-body injuries Saturday. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Former defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom misses playing in the NHL, but he still thinks it was his time to retire. It’s allowed him to help coach his son’s team in Sweden and he enjoys all the extra time he now has with his family. (Detroit Free Press)
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally with at MSG 10
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 22
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 22
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51