Oct 28, 2013, 8:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Los Angeles Kings assistant GM Rob Blake is predicting that whatever suspension Buffalo Sabres forward John Scott gets, disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan will face criticism for it not being enough. “I don’t see it being the big one (suspension) people are waiting for,” Blake said. He used to work with Shanahan. (Edmonton Journal)
Editor’s Note: Pro Hockey Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $2,500 Fantasy Hockey league tonight (Monday). It’s just $10 to join and first prize is $500. Starts at 7:00 p.m. ET. Here’s the link.
Chris Stewart might be available for the St. Louis Blues’ match on Tuesday, but they aren’t likely to have Magnus Paajarvi. Both forwards suffered upper-body injuries Saturday. (St. Louis Post-Dispatch)
Former defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom misses playing in the NHL, but he still thinks it was his time to retire. It’s allowed him to help coach his son’s team in Sweden and he enjoys all the extra time he now has with his family. (Detroit Free Press)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32