Oct 28, 2013, 10:47 AM EST
McKenzie said that, while the NHL did review the hit — Dubinsky was given a five-minute major and game misconduct, Koivu left and didn’t return — the league ruled against supplementary discipline, explaining the hit was “body on body” with incidental head contact.
Here’s the video:
Bruce Boudreau told reporters that Koivu seemed “OK” after the game, but also noted the veteran Finn was temporarily knocked out.
Ducks defenseman Cam Fowler was irate with the collision, saying the Dubinsky hit was the type “we need to try and stop and prevent as much as we can.”
Dubinsky, 27, argued in his own defense.
“I thought my shoulder and elbow were tucked,” Dubinsky told the Columbus Dispatch. “I went out there to make a hit not hurt somebody.
“I’m not a dirty player.”
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)