Oct 28, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Saku Koivu is going home to Anaheim to be evaluated by the Ducks’ medical staff after getting knocked out by Brandon Dubinsky yesterday in Columbus.
Per Eric Stephens of the OC Register, team doctors will determine whether the 38-year-old can rejoin the Ducks on their road trip.
Anaheim (9-3-0) still has four games left on its Eastern journey — Tuesday in Philadelphia, Thursday in Boston, Saturday in Buffalo, and Monday in New York versus the Rangers.
The NHL deemed Dubinsky’s hit to be clean.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18