Oct 28, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Saku Koivu is going home to Anaheim to be evaluated by the Ducks’ medical staff after getting knocked out by Brandon Dubinsky yesterday in Columbus.
Per Eric Stephens of the OC Register, team doctors will determine whether the 38-year-old can rejoin the Ducks on their road trip.
Anaheim (9-3-0) still has four games left on its Eastern journey — Tuesday in Philadelphia, Thursday in Boston, Saturday in Buffalo, and Monday in New York versus the Rangers.
The NHL deemed Dubinsky’s hit to be clean.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)