Oct 28, 2013, 12:27 PM EST
Saku Koivu is going home to Anaheim to be evaluated by the Ducks’ medical staff after getting knocked out by Brandon Dubinsky yesterday in Columbus.
Per Eric Stephens of the OC Register, team doctors will determine whether the 38-year-old can rejoin the Ducks on their road trip.
Anaheim (9-3-0) still has four games left on its Eastern journey — Tuesday in Philadelphia, Thursday in Boston, Saturday in Buffalo, and Monday in New York versus the Rangers.
The NHL deemed Dubinsky’s hit to be clean.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 6
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 30
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)