Oct 28, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Saku Koivu is going home to Anaheim to be evaluated by the Ducks’ medical staff after getting knocked out by Brandon Dubinsky yesterday in Columbus.
Per Eric Stephens of the OC Register, team doctors will determine whether the 38-year-old can rejoin the Ducks on their road trip.
Anaheim (9-3-0) still has four games left on its Eastern journey — Tuesday in Philadelphia, Thursday in Boston, Saturday in Buffalo, and Monday in New York versus the Rangers.
The NHL deemed Dubinsky’s hit to be clean.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50