Oct 28, 2013, 10:42 PM EDT
The one optimistic remark during the New York Rangers’ frequently ugly nine-game season-opening road trip was that things might get better once they finally started playing at Madison Square Garden. So far, not so good.
The Montreal Canadiens beat the Rangers 2-0 in the Blueshirts’ home-opener Monday, as Peter Budaj got a 27-save shutout.
After the game, Lundqvist fumed about that call to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News:
“If that’s not a kick, I don’t know what a kick is,” Lundqvist said.
Either way, the Rangers need more of a scoring punch if they want to turn this situation around.
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 3
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; Blues tie it up in waning moments 87
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 40
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 72
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 62