Oct 28, 2013, 9:45 PM EST
Sidney Crosby collected two assists on Monday to push his 2013-14 points total to 20 in 12 games, helping the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-1.
The 26-year-old builds his NHL league leading total, which is being threatened to some extent by Steven Stamkos (17 points in 11 contests) as of late.
Both of Crosby’s assists were primary ones, as he set up a Chris Kunitz tally and the first goal of Jayson Megna’s career:
If Crosby maintains his current scoring pace, he’ll blow away his career-high of 120 points with 136. Of course, that assumes he’d be healthy, which is far from a guarantee considering his recent history. The Oct. 21 game against Colorado is the only contest the Penguins’ star has failed to score a point in.
This win leaves the Penguins at 16 points (8-4-0) on the season, while Carolina falls to 4-5-3 (11 points). The Hurricanes seemingly dodged a bullet as Jordan Staal returned to the bench after what looked like a scary fall during today’s game.
(If it turns out Staal is hurt, PHT will pass word along.)
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 13
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 18
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 16
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)