Oct 28, 2013, 9:45 PM EDT
Sidney Crosby collected two assists on Monday to push his 2013-14 points total to 20 in 12 games, helping the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-1.
The 26-year-old builds his NHL league leading total, which is being threatened to some extent by Steven Stamkos (17 points in 11 contests) as of late.
Both of Crosby’s assists were primary ones, as he set up a Chris Kunitz tally and the first goal of Jayson Megna’s career:
If Crosby maintains his current scoring pace, he’ll blow away his career-high of 120 points with 136. Of course, that assumes he’d be healthy, which is far from a guarantee considering his recent history. The Oct. 21 game against Colorado is the only contest the Penguins’ star has failed to score a point in.
This win leaves the Penguins at 16 points (8-4-0) on the season, while Carolina falls to 4-5-3 (11 points). The Hurricanes seemingly dodged a bullet as Jordan Staal returned to the bench after what looked like a scary fall during today’s game.
(If it turns out Staal is hurt, PHT will pass word along.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)