Oct 28, 2013, 11:29 PM EDT
“Every day you guys are going to ask about a concussion, and it is what it is,” Julien said. “He’s doing better, I guess. ‘I guess’ is because you never know. The one [piece] of good news is that he did show up this morning. He came by, and that’s usually good news when a guy can leave his home, and come by the [practice] rink.
“So we’re taking it day-by-day. Right now you’re probably not going to see him [in a game] in the next week, and you’re probably not going to see him skating in the next week. So we can put it at that stage for now.”
It almost sounds like “week-to-week” might be a more accurate description of the 27-year-old’s status, but the B’s seem generally positive about his situation. As CSNNE.com notes, Eriksson doesn’t have much of a history of concussions (if any) before this one, so that’s a plus.
Eriksson was just starting to find his groove in Boston. After going pointless in his first three games, he collected three assists in his last five. It might be a while before he can contribute some more, though.
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 4
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Comedian Will Arnett at Leafs practice 8
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)