Oct 28, 2013, 11:29 PM EDT
“Every day you guys are going to ask about a concussion, and it is what it is,” Julien said. “He’s doing better, I guess. ‘I guess’ is because you never know. The one [piece] of good news is that he did show up this morning. He came by, and that’s usually good news when a guy can leave his home, and come by the [practice] rink.
“So we’re taking it day-by-day. Right now you’re probably not going to see him [in a game] in the next week, and you’re probably not going to see him skating in the next week. So we can put it at that stage for now.”
It almost sounds like “week-to-week” might be a more accurate description of the 27-year-old’s status, but the B’s seem generally positive about his situation. As CSNNE.com notes, Eriksson doesn’t have much of a history of concussions (if any) before this one, so that’s a plus.
Eriksson was just starting to find his groove in Boston. After going pointless in his first three games, he collected three assists in his last five. It might be a while before he can contribute some more, though.
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 13
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 35
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 6
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 42
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 104
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 89
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (104)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)