Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are dealing with some awful injury luck early in 2013-14, so they faced a serious scare when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins went down after colliding knee-to-knee with Los Angeles Kings winger Kyle Clifford. Luckily, it seems as though RNH is OK.
The league looks at questionable hits either way, which makes the Sporting News’ Sean Gentille’s question that much more valid: did Nugent-Hopkins actually put himself further in harm’s way?
Regardless, it’s nice that it at least seems like the 20-year-old dodged a bullet. PHT will keep an eye out if he ends up missing time, after all.
At the moment, it seems like the Oilers can breathe a sigh of relief. For once.
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)