Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers are dealing with some awful injury luck early in 2013-14, so they faced a serious scare when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins went down after colliding knee-to-knee with Los Angeles Kings winger Kyle Clifford. Luckily, it seems as though RNH is OK.
The league looks at questionable hits either way, which makes the Sporting News’ Sean Gentille’s question that much more valid: did Nugent-Hopkins actually put himself further in harm’s way?
Regardless, it’s nice that it at least seems like the 20-year-old dodged a bullet. PHT will keep an eye out if he ends up missing time, after all.
At the moment, it seems like the Oilers can breathe a sigh of relief. For once.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 67
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (149)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (67)