Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are dealing with some awful injury luck early in 2013-14, so they faced a serious scare when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins went down after colliding knee-to-knee with Los Angeles Kings winger Kyle Clifford. Luckily, it seems as though RNH is OK.
The league looks at questionable hits either way, which makes the Sporting News’ Sean Gentille’s question that much more valid: did Nugent-Hopkins actually put himself further in harm’s way?
Regardless, it’s nice that it at least seems like the 20-year-old dodged a bullet. PHT will keep an eye out if he ends up missing time, after all.
At the moment, it seems like the Oilers can breathe a sigh of relief. For once.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)