Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are dealing with some awful injury luck early in 2013-14, so they faced a serious scare when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins went down after colliding knee-to-knee with Los Angeles Kings winger Kyle Clifford. Luckily, it seems as though RNH is OK.
The league looks at questionable hits either way, which makes the Sporting News’ Sean Gentille’s question that much more valid: did Nugent-Hopkins actually put himself further in harm’s way?
Regardless, it’s nice that it at least seems like the 20-year-old dodged a bullet. PHT will keep an eye out if he ends up missing time, after all.
At the moment, it seems like the Oilers can breathe a sigh of relief. For once.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22