Oct 27, 2013, 10:25 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers are dealing with some awful injury luck early in 2013-14, so they faced a serious scare when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins went down after colliding knee-to-knee with Los Angeles Kings winger Kyle Clifford. Luckily, it seems as though RNH is OK.
The league looks at questionable hits either way, which makes the Sporting News’ Sean Gentille’s question that much more valid: did Nugent-Hopkins actually put himself further in harm’s way?
Regardless, it’s nice that it at least seems like the 20-year-old dodged a bullet. PHT will keep an eye out if he ends up missing time, after all.
At the moment, it seems like the Oilers can breathe a sigh of relief. For once.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 6
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 21
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 22
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)