Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames came into Saturday losers in four of their last five games.
In an attempt to change that, the Flames defeated the visiting Washington Capitals by a final of 5-2, getting goals from four different scorers while keeping the league’s leading goal scorer, Alex Ovechkin, off the score sheet.
Ovechkin, who now has 10 goals in 11 games, threw five shots at Calgary goalie Karri Ramo but was skunked.
In his fourth game back in the Flames’ lineup, Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist. His second goal of the night, however, was one Washington’s netminder Michal Neuvirth would probably like back.
Cammalleri, from a bad angle, nearly below the goal line, harmlessly threw the puck on net, but it went through the legs of Neuvirth to give Calgary a two-goal lead just past the midway point of the third.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)