Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames came into Saturday losers in four of their last five games.
In an attempt to change that, the Flames defeated the visiting Washington Capitals by a final of 5-2, getting goals from four different scorers while keeping the league’s leading goal scorer, Alex Ovechkin, off the score sheet.
Ovechkin, who now has 10 goals in 11 games, threw five shots at Calgary goalie Karri Ramo but was skunked.
In his fourth game back in the Flames’ lineup, Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist. His second goal of the night, however, was one Washington’s netminder Michal Neuvirth would probably like back.
Cammalleri, from a bad angle, nearly below the goal line, harmlessly threw the puck on net, but it went through the legs of Neuvirth to give Calgary a two-goal lead just past the midway point of the third.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)