Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames came into Saturday losers in four of their last five games.
In an attempt to change that, the Flames defeated the visiting Washington Capitals by a final of 5-2, getting goals from four different scorers while keeping the league’s leading goal scorer, Alex Ovechkin, off the score sheet.
Ovechkin, who now has 10 goals in 11 games, threw five shots at Calgary goalie Karri Ramo but was skunked.
In his fourth game back in the Flames’ lineup, Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist. His second goal of the night, however, was one Washington’s netminder Michal Neuvirth would probably like back.
Cammalleri, from a bad angle, nearly below the goal line, harmlessly threw the puck on net, but it went through the legs of Neuvirth to give Calgary a two-goal lead just past the midway point of the third.
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 17
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 36
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 57
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 88
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (88)