Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames came into Saturday losers in four of their last five games.
In an attempt to change that, the Flames defeated the visiting Washington Capitals by a final of 5-2, getting goals from four different scorers while keeping the league’s leading goal scorer, Alex Ovechkin, off the score sheet.
Ovechkin, who now has 10 goals in 11 games, threw five shots at Calgary goalie Karri Ramo but was skunked.
In his fourth game back in the Flames’ lineup, Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist. His second goal of the night, however, was one Washington’s netminder Michal Neuvirth would probably like back.
Cammalleri, from a bad angle, nearly below the goal line, harmlessly threw the puck on net, but it went through the legs of Neuvirth to give Calgary a two-goal lead just past the midway point of the third.
- Kronwalled: Red Wings D levels Lightning’s Kucherov 5
- Video: Mrazek makes astounding save, Stamkos brawls again 7
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 22
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 14
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 50
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 40
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)