Oct 27, 2013, 1:04 AM EDT
The Calgary Flames came into Saturday losers in four of their last five games.
In an attempt to change that, the Flames defeated the visiting Washington Capitals by a final of 5-2, getting goals from four different scorers while keeping the league’s leading goal scorer, Alex Ovechkin, off the score sheet.
Ovechkin, who now has 10 goals in 11 games, threw five shots at Calgary goalie Karri Ramo but was skunked.
In his fourth game back in the Flames’ lineup, Mike Cammalleri scored twice and added an assist. His second goal of the night, however, was one Washington’s netminder Michal Neuvirth would probably like back.
Cammalleri, from a bad angle, nearly below the goal line, harmlessly threw the puck on net, but it went through the legs of Neuvirth to give Calgary a two-goal lead just past the midway point of the third.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)