Oct 27, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews wasn’t very pleased with his team after losing to the Minnesota Wild 5-3 on Saturday night.
Toews told reporters following the game he knows his team is better than they’ve shown as Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shared.
“We know we want to be better than that,” Jonathan Toews said. “That’s two games in a row that we gave up five goals or more. It’s one thing that people are talking about us not scoring but sometimes you don’t need to score that many to win if you’re playing good defensively. We had breakdowns, we had turnovers inside our zone, we had miscommunications and some penalties that we shouldn’t have taken.”
The defensive breakdowns by the Blackhawks are something too new to the team. After showing last season during their Stanley Cup run, they’re more than capable of keeping opponents off the score sheet.
After dropping this game to the Wild and a firewagon hockey-like 6-5 overtime game to the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Blackhawks have some things to figure out before they play the Wild again on Monday.
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 7
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47