Oct 27, 2013, 9:15 AM EDT
Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews wasn’t very pleased with his team after losing to the Minnesota Wild 5-3 on Saturday night.
Toews told reporters following the game he knows his team is better than they’ve shown as Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com shared.
“We know we want to be better than that,” Jonathan Toews said. “That’s two games in a row that we gave up five goals or more. It’s one thing that people are talking about us not scoring but sometimes you don’t need to score that many to win if you’re playing good defensively. We had breakdowns, we had turnovers inside our zone, we had miscommunications and some penalties that we shouldn’t have taken.”
The defensive breakdowns by the Blackhawks are something too new to the team. After showing last season during their Stanley Cup run, they’re more than capable of keeping opponents off the score sheet.
After dropping this game to the Wild and a firewagon hockey-like 6-5 overtime game to the Tampa Bay Lightning, the Blackhawks have some things to figure out before they play the Wild again on Monday.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 2
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 95
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 47
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63