Oct 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
One of the stunning things about the strong early San Jose Sharks start is that the team has been dealing with bumps and bruises. The team mostly got good news about Brent Burns, Dan Boyle and Martin Havlat on Sunday.
OK, the Burns update is more cloudy than good. CSNBayArea.com reports that the 28-year-old’s timetable for a recovery from a mouth injury remains unclear, although he’s labeled day-to-day rather than out long-term.
Both Boyle and Havlat have more optimistic updates. Boyle, 37, has a target return date of Wednesday’s game against the Kings in Los Angeles. Havlat, 32, doesn’t have as specific of a time span, although head coach Todd McLellan hopes to see him back “within the next week.”
Overall, it’s a mixed situation, but the Sharks can go back to daydreaming about a full lineup with Burns, Boyle and maybe even Havlat … even if the date when that might happen is a little fuzzy.
Sep 23, 2014, 11:07 AM EDT
Incident occurred during last night’s win over the Rangers.
Sep 23, 2014, 10:36 AM EDT
Lightning rookie will miss at least the first few games of the regular season.
Sep 23, 2014, 9:55 AM EDT
He’s establishing what he expects early.
Sep 23, 2014, 8:57 AM EDT
Is Detroit in for another injury-filled year?
Sep 23, 2014, 7:53 AM EDT
That’s a picture of Marguerite Moreau, who played Connie.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Mitts were dropped. Frequently.
Sep 22, 2014, 9:16 PM EDT
Good start for a guy on a two-way deal.
Sep 22, 2014, 8:29 PM EDT
Like Vancouver, for example.
Sep 22, 2014, 6:53 PM EDT
“We’ve got to wait to see how it heals.”
Sep 22, 2014, 5:53 PM EDT
He’s been unable to skate since camp started.
Sep 22, 2014, 5:11 PM EDT
“You grow up playing hockey and you’re thinking ‘oh, I just want to play the game, it’s so much fun.’ Then you realize it is your job.”
Sep 22, 2014, 4:49 PM EDT
But it “shouldn’t be a long-term, lingering thing.”
Sep 22, 2014, 3:41 PM EDT
Randy Carlyle is making some changes to the way Toronto defends.
Sep 22, 2014, 2:20 PM EDT
Currently there are 16 teams in the East and 14 in the West.
Sep 22, 2014, 2:02 PM EDT
“I think it’s been terribly mishandled by the player and the agent.”
Sep 22, 2014, 1:30 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Kurt Overhardt has a warning for the frustrated Blue Jackets management.
Sep 22, 2014, 1:15 PM EDT
“We know he has a great shot and that’s a bonus for him.”
Sep 22, 2014, 12:11 PM EDT
But Peter Karmanos wants to retain control of the team.
Sep 22, 2014, 11:39 AM EDT
“It’s nice having a little more freedom, in that regard, especially for the creativity that’s on our team,” says Beau Bennett.
Sep 22, 2014, 10:45 AM EDT
“I think what we’re going to do as a team will be right up his alley.”
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 2
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 6
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 34
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)