Oct 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EST
One of the stunning things about the strong early San Jose Sharks start is that the team has been dealing with bumps and bruises. The team mostly got good news about Brent Burns, Dan Boyle and Martin Havlat on Sunday.
OK, the Burns update is more cloudy than good. CSNBayArea.com reports that the 28-year-old’s timetable for a recovery from a mouth injury remains unclear, although he’s labeled day-to-day rather than out long-term.
Both Boyle and Havlat have more optimistic updates. Boyle, 37, has a target return date of Wednesday’s game against the Kings in Los Angeles. Havlat, 32, doesn’t have as specific of a time span, although head coach Todd McLellan hopes to see him back “within the next week.”
Overall, it’s a mixed situation, but the Sharks can go back to daydreaming about a full lineup with Burns, Boyle and maybe even Havlat … even if the date when that might happen is a little fuzzy.
Dec 18, 2013, 5:07 PM EST
Goaltending has been an issue for the Devils this season.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:42 PM EST
Last played in the NHL back in 2005-06.
Dec 18, 2013, 4:21 PM EST
“We have a lot of guys here,” says Patrik Elias.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:50 PM EST
Tough times in T.O.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:36 PM EST
Both players are fortunate there was no serious injury.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:10 PM EST
Bruins GM had a chat with his mischievous player.
Dec 18, 2013, 3:08 PM EST
Detroit forward currently shelved while undergoing concussion protocol.
Dec 18, 2013, 2:21 PM EST
David Clarkson has two goals in 24 games.
Dec 18, 2013, 2:09 PM EST
Already ruled out for Thursday’s tilt vs. Montreal.
Dec 18, 2013, 1:46 PM EST
Just days after Lindy Ruff lamented the club’s lack of blueline experience.
Dec 18, 2013, 1:31 PM EST
Washington rookie will meet with the NHL’s Department of Player Safety on Thursday.
Dec 18, 2013, 1:05 PM EST
Won’t take part in tonight’s rivalry game vs. the Rangers on NBCSN.
Dec 18, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
D-man was invited to Team Canada’s Olympic orientation camp this summer.
Dec 18, 2013, 12:43 PM EST
That’s the “strong sense” one prominent hockey reporter is getting.
Dec 18, 2013, 12:30 PM EST
Former Avalanche forward saw his career end after Todd Bertuzzi incident.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:54 AM EST
“There are multiple, easy avenues that seem like they’re the way to go but there are 30 teams in this league that are doing the same thing and trying to effect that ultimate goal and that’s to win the Stanley Cup.”
Dec 18, 2013, 11:30 AM EST
King Henrik hasn’t been so good since signing that big contract extension.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:12 AM EST
Rookie defenseman scored his first NHL goal earlier this week.
Dec 18, 2013, 11:01 AM EST
Vancouver defenseman was knocked out of Tuesday’s game following a tripping call.
Dec 18, 2013, 10:43 AM EST
Boston forward avoids supplemental discipline.
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 23
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 20
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 29
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 30
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 32
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 58
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)