Oct 27, 2013, 5:56 PM EDT
One of the stunning things about the strong early San Jose Sharks start is that the team has been dealing with bumps and bruises. The team mostly got good news about Brent Burns, Dan Boyle and Martin Havlat on Sunday.
OK, the Burns update is more cloudy than good. CSNBayArea.com reports that the 28-year-old’s timetable for a recovery from a mouth injury remains unclear, although he’s labeled day-to-day rather than out long-term.
Both Boyle and Havlat have more optimistic updates. Boyle, 37, has a target return date of Wednesday’s game against the Kings in Los Angeles. Havlat, 32, doesn’t have as specific of a time span, although head coach Todd McLellan hopes to see him back “within the next week.”
Overall, it’s a mixed situation, but the Sharks can go back to daydreaming about a full lineup with Burns, Boyle and maybe even Havlat … even if the date when that might happen is a little fuzzy.
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 7
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 11
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 39
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 62
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)