Oct 27, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Josh Cooper of The Tennessean shares a translated report from a Finnish magazine, Urheilulehti, in which Rinne says the infection in his hip was deemed “very serious” and some of the details of how it came about may sound familiar.
“It started aching during the evening. I had a fever and my other leg began to swell up,” Rinne said. “The next day I was sent to the operating surgeons . From there they took samples, and they were sent to a laboratory. They found a bacterial infection.”
“I will be taking antibiotics for a while now. I have a cannula in my arm for four weeks.”
What Rinne is dealing with sounds eerily similar to what Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun has with his blood clot issue that put him on the shelf for 3-6 months. Fortunately for the Predators, Rinne is only slated to miss a month.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 11
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 17
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 58
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22