Oct 27, 2013, 4:01 PM EDT
Josh Cooper of The Tennessean shares a translated report from a Finnish magazine, Urheilulehti, in which Rinne says the infection in his hip was deemed “very serious” and some of the details of how it came about may sound familiar.
“It started aching during the evening. I had a fever and my other leg began to swell up,” Rinne said. “The next day I was sent to the operating surgeons . From there they took samples, and they were sent to a laboratory. They found a bacterial infection.”
“I will be taking antibiotics for a while now. I have a cannula in my arm for four weeks.”
What Rinne is dealing with sounds eerily similar to what Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Tomas Vokoun has with his blood clot issue that put him on the shelf for 3-6 months. Fortunately for the Predators, Rinne is only slated to miss a month.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 3
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25