Oct 27, 2013, 2:57 PM EST
The New York Rangers will have Henrik Lundqvist back for their home opener.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault announced Lundqvist will get the start against the Montreal Canadiens on Monday night, the team’s first home game of the year. He missed their last two games with an undisclosed injury.
Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants he’s 100-percent and pain free and ready to play. Backup Cam Talbot started their previous two games losing 2-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday and beating the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in overtime on Saturday night.
This season, Lundqvist has had his ups and downs. Along with the injury he’s also struggled out of the gate with his save percentage below .900 and his goals-against average above 3.00 and winning just two out of seven games played. He does have a 2-0 shutout win against the Washington Capitals, however.
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 0
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 23
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)