Oct 27, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will have Henrik Lundqvist back for their home opener.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault announced Lundqvist will get the start against the Montreal Canadiens on Monday night, the team’s first home game of the year. He missed their last two games with an undisclosed injury.
Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants he’s 100-percent and pain free and ready to play. Backup Cam Talbot started their previous two games losing 2-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday and beating the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in overtime on Saturday night.
This season, Lundqvist has had his ups and downs. Along with the injury he’s also struggled out of the gate with his save percentage below .900 and his goals-against average above 3.00 and winning just two out of seven games played. He does have a 2-0 shutout win against the Washington Capitals, however.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)