Oct 27, 2013, 2:57 PM EDT
The New York Rangers will have Henrik Lundqvist back for their home opener.
Rangers coach Alain Vigneault announced Lundqvist will get the start against the Montreal Canadiens on Monday night, the team’s first home game of the year. He missed their last two games with an undisclosed injury.
Lundqvist tells Andrew Gross of Ranger Rants he’s 100-percent and pain free and ready to play. Backup Cam Talbot started their previous two games losing 2-1 to the Philadelphia Flyers on Thursday and beating the Detroit Red Wings 3-2 in overtime on Saturday night.
This season, Lundqvist has had his ups and downs. Along with the injury he’s also struggled out of the gate with his save percentage below .900 and his goals-against average above 3.00 and winning just two out of seven games played. He does have a 2-0 shutout win against the Washington Capitals, however.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 66
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 41
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 31
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 20
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 55
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)