Oct 27, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
Even though the New Jersey Devils came back and surprised the Boston Bruins on Saturday night, Jaromir Jagr is feeling the pressure to perform better.
Jagr is tied for the team lead in points with nine (with Marek Zidlicky) but has just two goals. Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger shares the future Hall of Famer’s take of his own play that centers around his apparently poor equipment.
“I have to start scoring,” Jagr said. “I don’t score as many goals as I would like to or have as many chances. It might have something to do with my sticks. I had to change my sticks this year. The company I (got) my sticks from went into bankruptcy. It’s not easy when you’re 41 to change all of a sudden. The game is so quick, a little difference and you lose the puck.”
They always say a good craftsman never blames his tools, but after scoring 683 career goals we can give Jagr a little bit of leeway here. Besides, after helping spark the Devils comeback with two assists against Boston maybe he’s found a new career as a set-up man.
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 2
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 2
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 10
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)