Oct 27, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
Even though the New Jersey Devils came back and surprised the Boston Bruins on Saturday night, Jaromir Jagr is feeling the pressure to perform better.
Jagr is tied for the team lead in points with nine (with Marek Zidlicky) but has just two goals. Rich Chere of The Star-Ledger shares the future Hall of Famer’s take of his own play that centers around his apparently poor equipment.
“I have to start scoring,” Jagr said. “I don’t score as many goals as I would like to or have as many chances. It might have something to do with my sticks. I had to change my sticks this year. The company I (got) my sticks from went into bankruptcy. It’s not easy when you’re 41 to change all of a sudden. The game is so quick, a little difference and you lose the puck.”
They always say a good craftsman never blames his tools, but after scoring 683 career goals we can give Jagr a little bit of leeway here. Besides, after helping spark the Devils comeback with two assists against Boston maybe he’s found a new career as a set-up man.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 19
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 30
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)