Oct 27, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault is banged up and they’re calling on Peter Holland to help fill out ranks.
The team recalled the 2009 first-round pick from Norfolk in the AHL to help fill out the starting lineup while Perreault is hurting. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register says Nick Bonino will take Perreault’s spot on the second line and Holland will play on the fourth line.
Holland played in 21 games last season for the Ducks scoring three goals with two assists in a fourth line role. He was the 15th overall selection in the 2009 draft by the team.
Perreault, meanwhile, was spotted wearing a soft brace on his left hand/wrist and Stephens says it’s at least not broken. He was acquired from Washington earlier this season.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 18
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13