Oct 27, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault is banged up and they’re calling on Peter Holland to help fill out ranks.
The team recalled the 2009 first-round pick from Norfolk in the AHL to help fill out the starting lineup while Perreault is hurting. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register says Nick Bonino will take Perreault’s spot on the second line and Holland will play on the fourth line.
Holland played in 21 games last season for the Ducks scoring three goals with two assists in a fourth line role. He was the 15th overall selection in the 2009 draft by the team.
Perreault, meanwhile, was spotted wearing a soft brace on his left hand/wrist and Stephens says it’s at least not broken. He was acquired from Washington earlier this season.
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 4
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 20
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 78
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 35
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 56
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (78)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (56)