Oct 27, 2013, 2:31 PM EDT
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault is banged up and they’re calling on Peter Holland to help fill out ranks.
The team recalled the 2009 first-round pick from Norfolk in the AHL to help fill out the starting lineup while Perreault is hurting. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register says Nick Bonino will take Perreault’s spot on the second line and Holland will play on the fourth line.
Holland played in 21 games last season for the Ducks scoring three goals with two assists in a fourth line role. He was the 15th overall selection in the 2009 draft by the team.
Perreault, meanwhile, was spotted wearing a soft brace on his left hand/wrist and Stephens says it’s at least not broken. He was acquired from Washington earlier this season.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 21
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 16
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 61
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (65)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)