Oct 27, 2013, 2:31 PM EST
Anaheim Ducks forward Mathieu Perreault is banged up and they’re calling on Peter Holland to help fill out ranks.
The team recalled the 2009 first-round pick from Norfolk in the AHL to help fill out the starting lineup while Perreault is hurting. Eric Stephens of the Orange County Register says Nick Bonino will take Perreault’s spot on the second line and Holland will play on the fourth line.
Holland played in 21 games last season for the Ducks scoring three goals with two assists in a fourth line role. He was the 15th overall selection in the 2009 draft by the team.
Perreault, meanwhile, was spotted wearing a soft brace on his left hand/wrist and Stephens says it’s at least not broken. He was acquired from Washington earlier this season.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 16
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 4
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 21
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)