Calgary unveils new third jersey

Oct 27, 2013, 4:48 PM EDT

The Calgary Flames unveiled their new third jerseys Sunday afternoon at their inaugural Fan Fest in Calgary and, without further ado, here’s what they look like.

It’s a retro look that has reminders of the Minnesota Wild’s current green third jersey and the Buffalo Sabres third jersey from the last two seasons.

“We are looking forward to playing in front of the C of Red in the new jersey which represents the City in a new unique way with the word ‘Calgary’ on the front,” says Flames Captain Mark Giordano.

There is a shoulder patch that you can’t really see in that photo, but it’s a nice added touch to the look.

source:

Creative use of the “C” and “F” in that design, right?

All right fashion critics, what do you make of it? Let us know in the comments, we know you will.

1. Conner012367 - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I really like the shoulder patch, other than that the rest in my opinion is pretty good.

2. ethanmacleod1685 - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Look like pajamas

3. killerpgh - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I like it. I’m trying to figure out why the “C” and “A” on the captains chest aren’t the same style of lettering.

• selldannysell - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM

The “A” is a salute to the logo the Flames wore when they played in Atlanta.

• phillyphanatic77 - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I had the same thought… the “C” should definitely be similar to the “A”, even if it is a salute to the Atlanta Flames.

• polegojim - Oct 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Totally Retro Cool… Retro looks better and better to me… the older I get! ; )

4. AppealToReason - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Its better than their regular uniforms. Most things are.

At least they replaced those jerseys no one wanted replace with something decent.

5. christinajkimbrell - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM

READ PROPER….my classmate’s step-sister makes 85/hr on the computer. She has been fired from work for six months but last month her paycheck was 20225 just working on the computer for a few hours. useful content… WRITE NOW…. ᴡᴡᴡ.ᴊᴏʙs72.ᴄᴏᴍ

• nj666 - Oct 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

get a real job you low life.

• hockeyflow33 - Oct 27, 2013 at 10:23 PM

You can do that for a job?

6. titansrbeast - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:43 PM

I love it. Nicer than any uniform they have now. Too bad Buffalo didn’t wait a little longer to release that disastrous thing they call a 3rd jersey, maybe they could have learned something here.

• govtminion - Oct 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Ironically, it reminds me a lot of Buffalo’s previous alternate jersey.

7. rushledger - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Yeah the C should be the same style as the A badges. The shoulder patch is cool and the main design isn’t bad. Overall I say it’s a B.

8. atwatercrushesokoye - Oct 27, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I was hoping they would go back to the white flaming C, but it’s not bad, I’m just glad they didn’t bring back the flaming horse head.

9. martysbetter - Oct 27, 2013 at 6:24 PM

The shoulder patch is spot on, but I think the jerseys would look a lot better if they got rid of the flaming C logo beneath “Calgary” it kind of seems like they just slapped that on there..maybe put it on the other shoulder?

The A and C are also a bit big, doesn’t leave a lot of breathing room for the “Calgary” wordmark.

10. muttbolts91 - Oct 27, 2013 at 6:48 PM

If not for Atlanta there would be two less Canadian teams

11. President Charles Logan - Oct 27, 2013 at 6:50 PM

gay

• pxland - Oct 28, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Does that mean you like them, or not?

12. 19to77 - Oct 27, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Love the shoulder patch and solid black shoulders in general. Different fonts for captain and alternate seem strange, but good jerseys overall.

13. letsgopens8771 - Oct 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Not too shabby.

14. mattyo99 - Oct 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Ugly. I liked there heritage classic sweaters better

15. blomfeld - Oct 27, 2013 at 9:27 PM

God bless these people …

There was a time when I could name ‘every’ single Calgary Flame. Yet today these people in the picture above could be ‘payed’ actors for all I know ? It’s truly a shame that it’s now come to this, as I know for a fact that Albertans are ‘good’ people who mean well, as are all prairie folk. Nonetheless, I’m giving a 9.7 for these new costumes and may God bless the Flames of Calgary ! :)

16. nothanksimdriving123 - Oct 27, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Mediocre. Writing instead of a logo. Boo. To me they are basically saying: well, we want to take more of your money by selling lame 3rd jerseys, but we lacked the imagination to come up with a cool logo, so we’ll just write Calgary in neato script and that will satisfy enough of you for us to cash in.

17. b1unt3d - Oct 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

These jerseys are almost as bad as blomfeld’s posts. Wait, on second thought.. nothing is anywhere near as bad as blomfeld’s posts.

• blomfeld - Oct 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

back off b1unt3d ! … seriously

18. allday420ap - Oct 28, 2013 at 3:09 AM

They really should have used the shoulder patch as the main logo

19. jhuck92 - Oct 28, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I know the A is a reference to their days in Atlanta, but I think it’s too much with the cursive Calgary, and in a different font too.

Are Penguins vulnerable vs. Columbus?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches