Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Scottie Upshall has been a healthy scratch here and there lately, but hockey fans/lovers of tomfoolery should be glad he played on Friday. If not, someone probably wouldn’t have sprayed Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas with a water bottle, inspiring this outburst (captured in GIF form by The Score’s Thomas Drance):
Gudas, 23, was ejected from Sunday’s contest for unsportsmanlike conduct.
It’s the most recent in an occasional line of water bottle shenanigans, you may remember the hydration-enhancer’s role in some controversy between the Lightning and Nathan Horton and John Tortorella vs. Washington Capitals fans.
Also, note to self: do not pull the old “clown flower spray” trick on Gudas.
Update: Gudas’ Lightning got the last laugh, beating Florida 4-3 via a shootout.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)