Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Scottie Upshall has been a healthy scratch here and there lately, but hockey fans/lovers of tomfoolery should be glad he played on Friday. If not, someone probably wouldn’t have sprayed Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas with a water bottle, inspiring this outburst (captured in GIF form by The Score’s Thomas Drance):
Gudas, 23, was ejected from Sunday’s contest for unsportsmanlike conduct.
It’s the most recent in an occasional line of water bottle shenanigans, you may remember the hydration-enhancer’s role in some controversy between the Lightning and Nathan Horton and John Tortorella vs. Washington Capitals fans.
Also, note to self: do not pull the old “clown flower spray” trick on Gudas.
Update: Gudas’ Lightning got the last laugh, beating Florida 4-3 via a shootout.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)