Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Scottie Upshall has been a healthy scratch here and there lately, but hockey fans/lovers of tomfoolery should be glad he played on Friday. If not, someone probably wouldn’t have sprayed Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas with a water bottle, inspiring this outburst (captured in GIF form by The Score’s Thomas Drance):
Gudas, 23, was ejected from Sunday’s contest for unsportsmanlike conduct.
It’s the most recent in an occasional line of water bottle shenanigans, you may remember the hydration-enhancer’s role in some controversy between the Lightning and Nathan Horton and John Tortorella vs. Washington Capitals fans.
Also, note to self: do not pull the old “clown flower spray” trick on Gudas.
Update: Gudas’ Lightning got the last laugh, beating Florida 4-3 via a shootout.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18