Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Scottie Upshall has been a healthy scratch here and there lately, but hockey fans/lovers of tomfoolery should be glad he played on Friday. If not, someone probably wouldn’t have sprayed Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas with a water bottle, inspiring this outburst (captured in GIF form by The Score’s Thomas Drance):
Gudas, 23, was ejected from Sunday’s contest for unsportsmanlike conduct.
It’s the most recent in an occasional line of water bottle shenanigans, you may remember the hydration-enhancer’s role in some controversy between the Lightning and Nathan Horton and John Tortorella vs. Washington Capitals fans.
Also, note to self: do not pull the old “clown flower spray” trick on Gudas.
Update: Gudas’ Lightning got the last laugh, beating Florida 4-3 via a shootout.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)