Oct 27, 2013, 7:24 PM EDT
Florida Panthers winger Scottie Upshall has been a healthy scratch here and there lately, but hockey fans/lovers of tomfoolery should be glad he played on Friday. If not, someone probably wouldn’t have sprayed Tampa Bay Lightning defenseman Radko Gudas with a water bottle, inspiring this outburst (captured in GIF form by The Score’s Thomas Drance):
Gudas, 23, was ejected from Sunday’s contest for unsportsmanlike conduct.
It’s the most recent in an occasional line of water bottle shenanigans, you may remember the hydration-enhancer’s role in some controversy between the Lightning and Nathan Horton and John Tortorella vs. Washington Capitals fans.
Also, note to self: do not pull the old “clown flower spray” trick on Gudas.
Update: Gudas’ Lightning got the last laugh, beating Florida 4-3 via a shootout.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20